Author Topic: Celebratorial Show #7000 to air 11/5/09 - *** 3 GAMES SPOILED HERE ***  (Read 19127 times)

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
Re: Celebratorial Show #7000 to air 11/5/09
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
I can't wait for this episode. I hope they play the song "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang sometime during the show.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »
I can't wait for this episode. I hope they play the song "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang sometime during the show.

Eh.. Doubtful.

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 11:29:30 PM »
I think it would be really cool if for this show they did kind of a 'retro' episode. Use the old light border, play only classic music, maybe even use the old props (if any of them are still around) for the games they play.

Seeing as how they went all out for the Halloween episode, going so far as to commission a new spooky themed 'Cliff Hangers' prop, and musical cues, how difficult would it be to commission new reproductions of ancient (first-run) props?

Here's a non-sequitur: Will the show go overboard and run part of the show in black and white on a lark?
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline jessture

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 11:33:26 PM »
THE PRICE IS RIGHT is now in its 38th year and is television's longest-running game show. It is a Mark Goodson Production, in association with FremantleMedia, North America, Inc.

Interesting...

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2009, 11:42:53 PM »
Seeing as how they went all out for the Halloween episode, going so far as to commission a new spooky themed 'Cliff Hangers' prop, and musical cues, how difficult would it be to commission new reproductions of ancient (first-run) props?

It wasn't really a new prop though - it was still the normal Cliffhangers board with a new painting, or even an overlay, hanging in the background.

Yeah, it still costs money, but it's cheaper than a new prop/set piece/whatever the hell the pricing games are referred to.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 11:51:28 PM »

Here's a non-sequitur: Will the show go overboard and run part of the show in black and white on a lark?

Don't see why... this version ot TPIR was never broadcast in black and white. The debut in '72 was a good six years after TV had converted to all color broadcasts.

Oh, and as for spoilers... the episode information for Thursday's show (at least on comcast cable) gives some minor game spoilers, if the info is to be believed.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 11:57:59 PM »
Oh, and as for spoilers... the episode information for Thursday's show (at least on comcast cable) gives some minor game spoilers, if the info is to be believed.

I wonder if this isn't the same "minor game spoilers" as the show's website offers us?  The spoilers that are only spoilers if you know what games "were also ___________"?
Bazinga!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »
This is starting to feel like Match Game all of a __________.   :lol:  I don't know the circumstances of games that "were also ___________," and the only site that I know of where I could get that (TPiR.TV) has mysteriously disappeared.  I looked in the FAQ but I didn't see it there.  Anyone know anyplace else I could fill in the blanks?

You couldn't find it on the FAQ because the material I quoted (and edited) was cut-and-pasted from the CBS website.

Out of curiosity... I'd like to know the Moderators' opinion regarding just how far would it be acceptable to go in this situation.  I'm presuming they've read the quoted material in its original context (and without blanks) at the CBS website, so I'm wondering if it would have been okay to cut-and-paste without blanking out the relevant information.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 12:32:17 AM »
I wonder if this isn't the same "minor game spoilers" as the show's website offers us?  The spoilers that are only spoilers if you know what games "were also ___________"?

Now that I've seen some type of spoilers, the what games "were also _____________"? thing makes sense, so I'd bet they are the same spoilers.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 12:50:12 AM »
Out of curiosity... I'd like to know the Moderators' opinion regarding just how far would it be acceptable to go in this situation.  I'm presuming they've read the quoted material in its original context (and without blanks) at the CBS website, so I'm wondering if it would have been okay to cut-and-paste without blanking out the relevant information.

If the network or production company has provided spoiler information, it is generally considered fair game.  In most cases, copying and pasting a network press release is not of harm.  However, since game play is spoiled, I would take the stance here, in defense of some of our members who do not wish to know such information, that we would consider it a full "spoiler."

In this instance, nothing specific was mentioned, although I am quite confident that 99% of our membership will have no trouble in figuring out what is being implied.

That said, we still do maintain a spoiler policy here on the site.  However, I have changed the title of this thread to include spoilers here.  This will reflect the fact that per CBS's report...

ANY NUMBER
BONUS GAME
DOUBLE PRICES

...are played on the 7,000th show.

You may discuss this in this thread, and this thread only until such time as the show has aired and the official Recap has been posted.
John

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 01:59:08 AM »
Don't see why... this version ot TPIR was never broadcast in black and white. The debut in '72 was a good six years after TV had converted to all color broadcasts.

Of course the show was colorized in the beginning. I make the black and white conjecture solely because Drew has a knack for making fun of how old the show is, going so far as to call Bob 'Ezekiel', and saying the show premiered in 1872. That's where my speculation arose.
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Celebratorial Show #7000 to air 11/5/09 - *** 3 GAMES SPOILED HERE ***
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »
Unfortunately, I'll be in class on Thursday, so I won't be able to join you guys live. T_T

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »
Any Number, Bonus Game, and Double Prices.  Three of the original five games.  It's definitely delivering what it promises.  I do happen to know that Any Number was the very first game ever played, here's hoping that's the first one on the day's lineup.

The black and white thing actually makes a twisted kind of sense.  They've done parts of Showcases in black and white before, and it's not hard to imagine one (or both) of them on #7,000 being "Things that have changed since TPiR premiered," with the "retro" parts being black and white.

For my part, if there's ONE thing I'd want back for a celebratory episode, it's the 1972 theme music.
Bazinga!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:21 AM »
If the network or production company has provided spoiler information, it is generally considered fair game.  In most cases, copying and pasting a network press release is not of harm.  However, since game play is spoiled, I would take the stance here, in defense of some of our members who do not wish to know such information, that we would consider it a full "spoiler."

In this instance, nothing specific was mentioned, although I am quite confident that 99% of our membership will have no trouble in figuring out what is being implied.

Thanks for the clarification. 

I don't know if CBS archives their press releases, so for the sake of the historical record, I'm going to re-post the quote that I had posted earlier in this thread, but with the blanked-out material underlined.  Also in case anyone was still wondering exactly what I took out, now you know.

In addition, three games that are played were also played in the first show which was broadcast on September 4, 1972.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »
To celebrate, the number 7,000 plays a theme in a few games on the show.

Wonder what they mean by that? What games could incorporate 7,000?
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino