Author Topic: namnhu12's CSS letter  (Read 741 times)

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
namnhu12's CSS letter
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:11:15 PM »
Dear Friends:  

I have played CSS for several years on the golden-road.net boards.  However, lately, I have not found the game to be quite so fun anymore.  I think that the original vision and spirit of this game has been forever violated.  I have made some observations in the daytime chat and noticed that there are a few members who submit their bids on the golden-road.net CSS and don't even log on the chat.  I think that gives an unfair advantage to those of us who make the effort to log onto the chat every day to play CSS the way it was originally meant to be played. There has been speculation that a comprehensive database of prices used for prizes in showcases are being utilized.  Although no exact bids have been made, I have noticed a very unusually high amount of DSW bids by players.  By further research, this has occured especially since January.  

An example of what I am talking about:

I make the smallest cash difference on a showcase without going over on the other but I don't DSW.  Typically, if no other people have a smaller difference then I win cash.  However, someone who is not logged onto golden-road.net chat but submits his or her bids via golden-road PM and not offically entered the chat.  Is it fair for somebody who does not participate or log onto the chat to submit the bids and win?  I think that is totally unfair.  The spirit of the game is compromised.  Although, we understand that the game is supposed to be just for fun and bragging rights, we need to bring a new policy for season 39.  If One wants to participate in CSS one should at the very least log on to golden-road.net chat.   :biggrin:

We believe that the new policy will help to restore the spirit of the game.  

Nam Nhu (namnhu12)
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: namnhu12's CSS letter
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:59:03 PM »
I agree with many of your thoughts Namhu.  The name of the game is "chatroom showcase showoff" and, since the time I started here, was in informal game where those who chatted about the show would compete.  There was once a rule that if one were not participating in chat by the 6th game, then that player could not play in CSS.  With the change to new chat software, there were some who had issues with chatting, yet wanted to continue playing.  I really think we need to get back to the game's roots somehow, and insist that CSS be limited to actual chatters.

The idea of pricing lists is a stickier one, but seems to have started when the idea of "teams" formed.  I'm not sure how you stop this practice, and I'm not sure how rampant the problem it is, but we definitely seem to have a sub-culture of folks who are playing outside of the spirit of the game.  If this helps boost their self-esteem, then so be it.

The tone of CSS does seem to be more sinister than the fun atmosphere of the past.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker