Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2007  (Read 16895 times)

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2007
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 07:19:45 PM »
Make your move-Tough set up.

in The Bag-When Angelica Went for $4,000 Dollars I had a feeling she had loss.

Dice Game-A nice way to end the first half.

Pathfinder- A nice way to start the second half and Jeremy played that perfectly it couldn't have been played any better than that.

Pushover$15,149 dollars was also my guess.

Coming or Going-When Blank chosen 4298 u had a feeling she had won.

Online PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »
Make Your Move-Tough luck; the way she put them looked pretty good, too.  I had a feeling that the sailboat would be $7145.

It's In the Bag-Unless you are an LFAT, you weren't going to win this game today.  And even if you were an LFAT, it was a very difficult setup.  More underpricing of the $5.99 squeegee again.

Dice Game-Going against the odds helped today.  Great win!

Pathfinder-Jeremy is indeed an LFAT.  That was awesome for him to know exactly how it was played AND to get an EXACTA!  Another car game 4th??  Wow, they're happening quite often now.

Push Over-A 3 car day???  Wow.  I thought she had lost when she was going for $15K, but she was right!  And all 3 car games were won!  Amazing.

Coming or Going-That was an extremely easy playing.  As soon as I saw the 8, I knew this would be a gimme.

Showcases-PAINFUL OVERBID, OUCH!  An overbid by $16!  This is almost as painful as the $1 overbid.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 08:04:20 PM »
MYM: That was a killer setup.

IITB: DOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!! That $3.99 Coffee took me by surprise.

DG: Huge odds overcomed!! Magnificent win.

Pathfinder: WOW!!! Jeremy well-deserved a new Chevy Impala for excellent playing and not being overexcited at all and I enjoyed he and Bob's little dialogue too.

Push: The Car Giveaway show rolls on!!! :-D Another nice win!!!

CoG: Nice win.

Showcases: OOOOOHHHHHH!! $16 Over!! That must have left a huge scar of shock.

Another exciting 4-star of a show.

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 09:31:35 PM »
I think Roger sat down to make the lineup for this week, thought about it for a bit, then said, "what the hell!" and decided to go wild.  How else does one explain a car game played fourth for three consecutive days, Plinko fifth, any SP/car game fourth (which others are saying is quite rare), and three car games in a row in one show?  What a lineup today!  And what a way to close to show with four consecutive wins - though I have to echo the sentiments that Pushover was a forced win.  It would have taken the densest contestant ever to lose that playing.

As usual, I have to point out when a UC Santa Barbara student does well, and Jeremy represented myself and his fellow Gauchos with great aplomb.  I don't know how long it's actually been since we've seen a Pathfinder exacta, but that was quite a playing.  And I won't fault him for not showing too much excitement - I think he was very excited inwardly, and just isn't the run-around-the-stage type.

I just wish I had the slightest clue what to put down for FPG tomorrow!

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 10:18:07 PM »
I'm glad the next 4 games was won.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 10:30:11 PM »
Wow...Mary missed one of the prices in Make Your Move by $1.  Actually, I'm surprised she lost -- I can't believe how expensive that boat was.

The pricing game lineup today was absolutely incredible.  A car in the third game...a car in the fourth game...and a car in the fifth game...and all three won to boot!  I would venture to say that this is the first time that's ever happened.

(And we can't forget that a car game has now been played fourth three days in a row, either.)

Even with two numbers rolled and one clearly correct, I'm still amazed that Dice Game was won.  I thought for sure that fourth digit would come back and bite David in the hind end.

Jeremy's playing of Pathfinder was incredible!  I mean, really...that was just beautiful.

There is no way any reasonable person was going to lose Coming or Going.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 10:35:19 PM »
MYM: Tough:  I figured that the radio could be either $45.

IITB:  I would have tripped up on the $3.99 bag.  But I knew Angela messup on the $5.99 bag.

Dice Game: Wow: I though the middle number was lower than 4.

Pathfinder: 4th?!  Wow!  And a LFaT nails it on the nose.

Push Over: WTF?  5th?!  WOW!  I likely would have said $15,149, and I was right, although, $14,950 looked the most logical.

Coming or Going: Easy, for $8000 wasn't the best price for the TV.

SC: OW!  $16 over on Angela.  I really felt for her (Unlike Maureen on Monday who I couldn't feel too sorry for her SC loss).  Great bid by Rosiland.

Overall: And Interesting a fun show today.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 10:47:06 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #118, Angela, AND #119, Heather! :-D

It's In the Bag- That buildup by Bob was hilarious. Too bad Angela lost. :-(

Dice Game- People have played this game pretty well lately, but have been busted by one number. Glad to see that not happen today.

Pathfinder- Wow, what a playing! I'm not sure why he wasn't more excited, though...

Bidding Round #6- #120, Kimberly! :-D

Showcase- $16! The hottie heartbreaker of the century. :-(

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Rosalind.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Nice show today. Not as good as Tuesday's show, but still, pretty fun... Grade: 3

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 11:36:35 PM »
gauchodirk wrote:

I think Roger sat down to make the lineup for this week, thought about it for a bit, then said, "what the hell!" and decided to go wild.

Remind me to NEVER schedule a 9:30 AM class again; I missed a WONDERFUL show.  Oh well...there's always next time!   :-D

Gauchodirk went on to say:

How else does one explain a car game played fourth for three consecutive days, Plinko fifth, any SP/car game fourth (which others are saying is quite rare), and three car games in a row in one show?

That's a hard question, but I hope we don't see Super Budget Mode anytime soon.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6632

Dr. Drilla
Delta Power Tools - $1,034
Trip to Rio de Janeiro, and it's the same art by Bente Christensen that trips to New Orleans use. - $8,304
And for the Pushover cubes, a trip to Shanghai - $5,646

Showcase #2
Carolina Chair Elliott living room, Magnussen Auburn tables, and Carpet One Good Housekeeping carpeting - $7,058
2 Honda CRF250Xs - $12,758

Modeling Report Card for January 11, 2007
Score to beat: $74,693

Rachel and Lanisha end up only $292 apart!  That is $104 closer than yesterday.  Gabrielle is just over $6,000 more than Rachel.

Your 22 prizes are worth $125,842, case closed.

Offline Fukuoka304

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 02:52:33 AM »
Best show I've ever seen in four months. I've been waiting for a show like this, and finally, my patience has been rewarded. I'm surprised they gave away three cars and the contestants won the car each time. That was THE turning point of the show today.

In fact, the theme of the day was CARS, CARS, CARS, and a flat-screen tv.

So, what can we do for an encore on Friday?

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 03:31:51 AM »
Super duper lineup!

By the way, was it even possible to lose Pushover today?
John

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 03:34:14 AM »
Make Your Move:  Evil, but you probably already figured that out...

It's in the Bag:  That squeegee seems like a rather random thing to throw into the grocery items.  I haven't been watching the show much lately, but I can't recall seeing it before.

Dice Game:  How often does this show up in this spot?  I can't recall the last time I saw it outside of the fifth spot, much less in the first half.

Pathfinder:  I'm guessing that Dob was probably well aware of the recent Pathfinder exactas, but seemed content to just let Bob go on with this.

Showcase:  Talk about a painful overbid, even on an El Cheapo showcase.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »

Joe_Mello wrote:
I have this feeling that Jeremy is one of us.

Any contestant that knows where to stand on the Pathfinder board without any prompting from Bob is a loyal friend and true.

If it wasn't for the secret to Pushover, I thought that setup was extremely difficult. Only about $200 difference between the right answer and the wrong answer?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »
GOD! What's the dob been up to lately? I think he went nuts with the line up yesterday, and the 3 car games? WOW!

I saw Dice game (They oughta flash the numbers in the price of the car more often if it's won like they do in pathfinder)

Pathfinder: AMAZING!!! I knew a LFaT would win this game!

Push-over for a car? Incredible!