Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2007  (Read 16894 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2007
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »

Production #3834K - Taped Nov. 14, 2006

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Kersh

1   Howard Miller 79th Anniversary Floor Clock (G)

ANGELA 850
DAVID 1500
MARY *2295
HEATHER 1501
($3375)

Mary from Redding, CA plays MAKE YOUR MOVE

Oneida Louisisana
Flatware (L)($895)
International Marine
Chimer 13
12.9' Sailboat (R)($7145)
(OR Scientific)
WX Radio ($46)
LOSS

2   JBL Home Cinema Speakers (L)

+Angela *1000
+David 1101
JEREMY 1100
+Heather 850
($1030)

Angela from Colorado Springs, CO - still in High School, yet - plays IT'S IN THE BAG

$  1,000$1.39*(2) Little Debbie Honey Buns
2,0007.99*(1) (Viactiv) Clacium Chews (60)
LOSS3.99X(4) (St. Ives) Apricot Scrub (worthless)
5.99X(6) (Maxwell House) Coffee ($3.99)
4.89X(5)(O Cedar) Smart Grip Squeegee ($5.99)
(3) (Poli-Grip) Strips ($4.89)

3   Flexsteel Temecula Chair/Ottoman (L)

LUCITA 850
+David *1250
Jeremy 900
+Heather 1
($1642)

David from Martinsville, IN plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, ALB)(G)

[5][2][6][5]
Rolls:   $1[2][2][4][5]
[2]     [5]WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,030Angela90 stay.90
3,375Mary60 + 20.80Through to Showcase Round
16,907David85 + 90OV

4   Replogle Statesman Illuminated Globe (G + R w/a doggy)

Lucita 725
ROSALIND 799
Jeremy *1800
+Heather 800
($2800)

Jeremy, a student at UC Santa Barbara, plays PATHFINDER for a Chevy Impala LS (Std., BLkHtr)(L)

Setup1stStart on [1]$2 -- -- -- --
7 2 3 1 52ndLeft to [1]*$2 1 -- -- --
3 0 9 8 73rdFrwd. to [4]*$2 1 4 -- --
2 1[2]0 44thFrwd. to [9]*$2 1 4 9 --
0 4 7 6 35thLeft to [5]*$2 1 4 9 5   EXACTA!
5 9 1 2 4

There for show...

(1) (AC) Hair Straightener

(2) (GPX) TV Boom Box

(3) (Sharper Image) Digital Compass

5   Murray Delato Billiard Table (G&L)

Lucita "31"
Rosalind 2100
VERN 1850
+Heather 2600
OVERBID
($1300)

Rosalind plays 5-Number PUSHOVER for a Chevy Cobalt LS (Std., AirBag, Cruise, Stereo)(R)

Setup:2 1 1 5 1 4 9 5 0
Pick:2 1[1 5 1 4 9]
Price:$15,149   WIN!

Heather's been a pushover today, herself. More accurately, a pushaside. She's stuck in the Row and there's only one more item to bid on. Can she overcome the disadvantage of the third bid or will she be taken aside to the "First Four" Breakfast Club?

6    Whirlpool Gold Trash Compactor (G&R)
Lucita 500
KIMBERLY *475
Vern 725
+Heather 750
($489)

Heather heads off to the clubhouse while Kimberly plays COMING OR GOING for a (Panasonic) 50" Plasma HDTV (L)

$4298 <---   (She's "Coming")   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2

$4,787Kimberly70 stay.70
16,449Rosalind60 + 15.75Through to Showcase Round
24,295Jeremy20 + 25.45

SHOWCASE ROUND

Rosalind has the honor.

SC1-Angela

DR. DRILLA (L + G as her "patient")
(Delta) Power Tools
Trip to Rip de Janiero (6n)
Trip to Shanghai (6n @ Radisson)(R)
BID$15,000
PRICE14,984
DIFFOVER

SC2-Rosalind

carolinachair.com Eliott Living Room Group
Magnussen Auburn Table Group
Carpet One Carpeting (R)
2 Honda CRF250X Offroad Motorcycles (G)
BID$18,000
PRICE19,816
DIFF- 1,816
TOTAL$36,265

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6

Total Winnings: $87,659

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/11/2007
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Make Your Move -- 1:57
It's in the Bag -- 4:06
Dice Game -- 2:26
Pathfinder -- 3:03
Push Over -- 1:40
Coming or Going -- 1:10

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 02:38:56 PM »
Today's second half made up for the fact that the games in the first half were all really frikking hard!

David made an awesome call in Dice Game.  I was thinking it could've been a 6 as well, seeing as there was a 2 in front of it and the digits of cars normally tend to alternate between "high" and "low", especially in this game.

Jeremy's going to get a bad rap for not reacting to winning a car.  2 potential reasons: 1) It didn't sink it 2) He doesn't have the demeanor and is just that classy.

I have this feeling that Jeremy is one of us.  He gives off this vibe of warmth that most GS fans our age (teens-early 20's) tend to have, plus he was mildly handsome instead of drop-dead hot.  Plus, I wouldn't think that most pre-med students would say they major in TPIR.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »
AWESOME show today.GREAT contestants. FANTASTIC lineup. Simply put, this was a PERFECT show today.

MYM: Mary lost, BUT she sure didn't dilly, dally around. She played this about as quick as I've ever seen it played.

Bag: This was just flat out evil. I thought for sure that face cream was going to be in the $3.99 bag. I also thought for sure that coffee was $4.89. This was brutal.

Dice Game: Yay for David. Glad to see he went against the odds with that 4 and win.

Pathfinder: Pathy???? 4th????? Can you say awesome???? Jeremy was a great contestant. This was an awesome watch.

Pushover: Can this show get any better? Yes!!!!!!! Pushover for a car!!!!!! Good for Rosalind not being tempted to leave it at $14,950. How many contestants would have done that? Great playing by Rosalind.

Coggy: Yay!!!!!!!!!! If a show has to end with two straight quickies at least we have two of the BEST quickies to end it with with Pushy and Coggy. Easy win.

Showcases: Tough break for Angela: Over by $16 bucks. Ouch. Fantastic bid by Rosalind.

Great great show today. Even better lineup, i'll even dare say that this lineup was just as good, if not better than the season opener. What more could you ask for?

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 02:55:40 PM »
I didn't see Make your move today.

It's in the Bag: DAMN IT ROGER!!  EVIL setup.  The DAMN squeegee is back.  I thought the face cream was $3.99.  WOW.  The coffee was $3.99.  I knew Angela screwed up on the 4th bag.  The audience was confident the face wash was in the third bag, but it wasn't.  Once again, the audience costs a contestant today.

Dice Game--Now it gets better from here.  Great win from David.  He went against the odds on the 4 and WON!!

Pathfinder--EASY as pie.  Looks like Roger wanted that car gone.  Jeremy was a fantastic contestant.

Pushover---ANOTHER CAR?!  Well... It was either $14,950 or $15,149.  Rosalind picked the right one.

Coming or Going---Easy win by Kimberley.

I wanted Jeremy to win the SCSD 2 but the wheel wasn't kind to him...oh well, at least he won a car...

Showcases: Rosalind gave a good bid-$18,000.  She was only $1,816 off.  I thought Angela gave a great bid of $15,000 with the trip showcase.  ARP $14,984!!!  Overbid by $16!!  DAMN IT ROGER, that showcase was CHEAP!!  I really felt for Angela.  Rosalind cleaned house with over $36,000 in prizes, including the Chevrolet Cobalt.

Great show today....stepup from yesterday's show.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Looking back at today's show, it proves one thing:  Roger likes to mix things up.  This lineup, if presented in ANY other way (sans Pushy for a car, namely), it would not be getting such high praise.  There really is something to a show that gives away three cars in three separate games with all three in a row, AND spanning the 3-4-5 holes.

The whole conversation with Bob and Jeremy before Pathfinder was Bob at the top of his game.

Also, some really interesting camera angles during one of the calldowns, as we get to see Rich's podium and the stagehand with the cue cards (could this be Bob Chic?)

And...seeing the Dob during Pathfinder (with HISTORIC WRONG #2349584732812) and seeing him with Jeremy (who needed some perking up too) after the win was the icing on the cake.

Poor Angela in the Showcases.  He had that kind of inflection in his voice when he got to the "9--" part of the price that made me think..."Could we have another $XX,999 showcase!?"

I don't know what everyone else will say about the show, but based on pure lineup development and dialogue during the show, this is one of the best episodes of Price we've seen in a LONG time.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
Make Your Move: Kinda tough. The radio price was oddball, although I knew her sailboat guess was too cheap.

It's In The Bag: The last three bags were really tough.

Dice Game: This was the same Aveo price earlier this season that featured an incredible Dice Game win. Both resulted in wins.

Pathfinder: Back-to-back car games?!? And a car game fourth? What's going on? As soon as I saw the gameboard, I had a feeling this would be won today, and boy was it ever!

Pushover: CAR GAMES BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK?!?! On a non-special show?!? What's going on here? I thought for sure the Cobalt was $14,950, and I was afraid she would say $15,149. I was stunned when that was the right price!! All three car games won today!!! The car description must have been screwed up, but it doesn't matter now!

Coming or Going: Pretty easy.

Showcases: Angela couldn't buy a break today- first It's In the Bag, and now overbidding on her Showcase by $16!

Overall: Best show of 2007 so far!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »
I feel bad for Mary.  She seemed so excited to be there, and was amazingly the third contestant of the season to play Make Your Move very quickly.  Mary didn't beat Jennifer's record last month, but still!  I was so not expecting Mary to lose... that was just very "ouch."  Just a nasty playing today, really.  How many people are really going to think the weird radio clock was $46 instead of $45?

It's in the Bag was nasty as well:  in all the years they've had the game, I don't know if it's ever been more difficult than it was today.  Heck, the first bag wasn't even as mindlessly simple as it usually is!  I could see the last four bags easily tripping up a lot of contestants.  I don't think anyone was going to win this today.  And yes, because I know someone here's going to say how "easy" it was and should've been won, we don't count.

Push Over was a forced win.  I don't like to say that often, but seriously... there was no way this could've possibly been lost today*.  There were only two possible prices, and one of them would've required pushing off zero blocks!  Seriously, has a pricing game ever been this easy before?  Rosalind seemed pretty darned excited about winning.  And before winning.  And just in general.  Dance, dance away!

Kimberly was pretty hyper too, as well as amusingly chatty.  Though did anyone else feel it weird to see Push Over and Coming or Going back to back?  Not bad, but the two games feel kinda' conflictish.

Pathfinder fourth, too!  Haven't seen that since 1998!  And the first time since 1998 that they've done an SP/car fourth!  Wonder what's taken so long for that, really.

As far as the showcase goes... I'm not sure.  On one hand, Rosalind made a really good bid, and was a more interesting contestant in general.  On the other hand, Angela made an almost better bid, and also had that almost ridiculous It's in the Bag setup earlier, so I have to feel a little bad to have a $16 overbid to top that off.  So I dunno'.

rob79 wrote:  Good for Rosalind not being tempted to leave it at $14,950. How many contestants would have done that?

*Exactly one.  You have to remember that, in the almost eight years Push Over has been around, only a single contestant has actually stopped at the first price.  Kinda' surprising, but considering that, there was no chance of it being lost today*.

Richie wrote:  The audience was confident the face wash was in the third bag, but it wasn't. Once again, the audience costs a contestant today.

Really?  I thought the audience seemed kinda' mixed, really.

BobboChung wrote:  I thought for sure the Cobalt was $14,950, and I was afraid she would say $15,149. I was stunned when that was the right price!!

You really shouldn't be.  The first price has never been right in Push Over.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 03:20:12 PM »
Make Your Move-That was tough, as $45 and $46 could have been possibilities for that radio.  

It's in the Bag-I knew that Angela should have bailed out at $2,000.

Dice Game-I was afraid that David would lose saying the fourth number was higher than 4, but he went against the odds and won!

Pathfinder-Yay!!  The first perfect playing of Season 35 and the year 2007!  It's great that Jeremy knew he had to stand on the 2 as soon as the game was revealed.  It's cool to see this played fourth.

Push Over-For a car, we haven't seen that in awhile!  That Cobalt was pretty loaded today, so I thought it would exceed $15,000 and I was right.  Rosalind's reaction was priceless when she won.

Coming or Going-There was no way that plasma TV would be over $8,000.

Showcases-Well, with 3 cars offered (and won) in the pricing games, I wasn't expecting one in the showcase.  Here are my bids/differences.  That must have been one expensive living room

Trips-$14,500/484
Room/Motorcycles-$14,900/4,916
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Online Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
Wow, what a show, a three-car day, two cars offered in the second half, and Pathfinder fourth!  Nice slotting, Dob.

Make Your Move's loss really surprised me.  I never saw how the boat could have been so expensive.

It's in the Bag's loss didn't surprise me.  The first three products weren't tough, but I was lost for the last three.

Dice Game's win did surprise me.  With the second digit being and last digits being five, I didn't think the fourth digit stood much of a chance being higher than four.

Jeremy was a great contestant.  He may have not been the screaming, overly-bounding contestant; but I like the ones who aren't, plus the fact that he nailed Pathfinder was great too.

I'm not sorry to say Push Over was way too easy.  I know to the casual viewer there were two possible prices, but really, even to the loyals, the Dobber could have set it up so that we'd be torn between two possible prices.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 04:19:23 PM »
I didn't see the first 2 PG'S. Nor do I care considering they were both losses.

Dice Game: I got it wrong on the fourth number I said lower.

Pathfinder: When Jeremy got the fourth number right I knew he had it.

Push Over: Another car won. I knew it was $15,000+.

Coming or Going: There was no doubt that TV would definitely not cost over $8,000.

Showcases: Man! Angela went over by $16! Oh the agony! On the plus though Rosalind had a good bid.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »
Make Your Move - This was hard with the exception of the flatware. There was only a $1 difference between the possible prices of the weather thingy.

IITB - Tough Loss

Dice Game - That was a nice win. He went against the odds and won.

Pathfinder - This was the 3rd time I have seen and perfect playing of Pathfinder and somehow I knew it would be played today. Im glad jeremy won; he was a great contestant.

Pushover - Didnt see this coming. Today was not only a 3 car day but a 3 Chevrolet day. Rosalin was quite the excited contestant too.

Coming or Going - Easy

Showcases: Painful overbid by Angela

My Bids: $14,000/$984 | $14,000/$5812

Grade: 8/10

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »
One-Bid #2:  A major in "The Price Is Right"... sounds like a LFAT.  :-)

PG #2:  Roger's in an evil mood again today.  As if it wasn't enough to have the evil squeegee in the mix, the evil $3.99 coffee was also there.  I also though the face wash was $3.99.

PG #3:  Going against the odds on a 4 didn't pay off Friday, but it did today.

PG #4:  Pathy 4th!  Whoa, where did this come from?!  And when was the last time that the regular car games were played in slots 3 and 4 on the same show?  HISTORIC WRONG ALERT!  (Especially considering that we had 2 exactas last season.)  WOOHOO!  DOB SHOT!  And another exacta!  That was a really easy setup.

PG #5:  Three car games in a row!  Wow!  When was the last time that happened?  (Not counting the all-car show.)  And all three cars were Chevys.  Either $14,950 or $15,149 could've been right, but I would've picked $14,950 cuz there was no paint sealant and/or fabric protection.

PG #6:  Easy.  $8,924 didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Showcase #1:  "Fireball Special alert!"

My showcase bids:
CHEAP!--$15,005
Random room/bikes--$19,096

Result:  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  21 FRIGGIN' DOLLARS!  Angela has it even worse with a $16 heels.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mangioninc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 05:51:34 PM »
I only caught Dice Game today, and I thought to myself, "Golly, he sure knows what he's doing" I mean, it's helpful he was able to roll the two as the 3rd number correctly, but regardless, still impressive.

I thought at that point that that would be the most impressive thing to happen today.

Pathfinder proved me incorrect. Last time perfection happened on there? Anyone?

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 06:04:10 PM »
Make Your Move: First I said 54 for the radio, but that wouldn't work; then it was between 45 and 46. Determining what the price of the sailboat would be narrows it down. The sailboat couldn't be as low as 4671. Therefore, my gut instinct of 45 for the radio was (and the sailboat at 7145) correct.

It's in the Bag: As soon as Angela picked the worthless scrub, I knew it was all over from there. Scrub.

Dice Game: "Oh, no. I don't want to see another loss due to somebody's going against the odds with a [4]." Not this time.

Pathfinder: Sometimes I wonder... when an exacta happens, does it mean that the game is a little easy? Because that's how I would have made my trapless path. Here's my tactic: It's either 1 or 0, then on the next step, it couldn't be 0, then look for a good ending number, like 5. However, if 21495 wasn't the right path, an alternative might have been 20875 or 20815. And, I know I have seen at least one exacta on this game well after 1991.
Also, I had a little feeling were going to play for another car...

Push Over: 21151 was an ugly choice, so it was either 15149 or 14950. I wanted to go low with 14950, but sometimes you can tell when a choice is bad even though it looks good (or in this case, does not require any numbers to fall over). So it was 15149 for me here.

One Bid 6: Although I do not believe in violence for no apparent reason, I kinda want to push over Heather for her unsuccessful bidding.

Coming or Going: This time, brand name does not matter here. How can a plasma TV like that be about $9000? I don't think it would be that much on a special...maybe in a Showcase in a special. So, 4298 makes it a easy Come.

Ewweh! As soon as Bob said $14,9.., I was hoping Angela wasn't over by less than $10. Another close OB this month.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.