Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/3/2013  (Read 16684 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/3/2013
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:29:46 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6444K
Aired – 10/3/2013; Taped – 7/1/2013
Models: Carla Mosley, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Carla
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed

First IUFB: Espresso Package (10-piece set with 4 cups and saucers); ARP: $999 (Rachel)

MAX BETTY FLORIDA EMI
2399 750 1 520

The winner is...
BETTY

Betty is playing Punch-a-Bunch for a chance to win up to $25,000!

Item #1 (Men's Electric Shaver) (Rachel):

$100

Guess: HIGHER
LOWER
$67

Wrong!

Item #2 (Pizza Maker):

$35

HIGHER
$45

Correct!

Item #3 (Note Dispenser):

$25

Guess: LOWER
LOWER
$12

Correct!

Item #4 (Libman Freedom Spray Mop):

$15

HIGHER
$22

Correct!

Betty has 3 punches

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
  1. $2,500
    Throws it back.
  2. $2,500
    She bails.
  3. $1,000

BAILOUT (Total Winnings: $2,579)

Second IUFB: Beverage Center (Danby: Wine Cooler with 146-bottle storage capacity); ARP: $1,700 (Rachel)

MAX BRENDA FLORIDA EMI
1700 250 1500 1501

The winner is...
MAX
CLANGERS! $500!

Max is playing PUSH OVER for a a trip to Peru (RT Coach to Lima, PE for a 6n stay in deluxe hotel near Costa Verde + 4hr night tour) (Carla).

8 9 0 7 5 2 7 3 1        
  PERU

Max pushes the blocks to

8 9 0 7 5 2 7
  PERU

ARP be...

8 9 0 7 5 2 7
  7 5 2 7

WIN

Third IUFB: Car Audio System (5-piece package); ARP: $1,090 (Carla)

RIGOBERTO BRENDA FLORIDA EMI
1250 850 1000 2000

The winner is...
FLORIDA

Florida, from Chicago, is playing That's Too Much for a 2013 Ford Fusion S (2.5L engine, AT, remote keyless entry) (Rachel).

$14,310
$16,582
$17,480
$18,662
$19,980
$20,841
$22,050
$ $ $
$ $ $
$ $ $
ARP:
$22,495
LOSS
$14,310
$16,582
$17,480
$18,662
$19,980
$20,841
$22,050
$23,107
$ $ $
$ $ $

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Florida $1,090 85 STAY .85 *SHOWCASE*
Betty $3,578 50 85 1.35
OVER
Max $9,727 15 55 .70

Fourth IUFB: Designer Watches (Jetset: 5 men's watches); ARP: $1,281 (Carla and Rachel)

RIGOBERTO BRENDA NATASKA EMI
750 1 2500 1300

The winner is...
RIGOBERTO

Rigoberto is playing Geezmo Magic Number for a television (Samsung: 50in LED 1080P HDTV) (Carla) and a new storage bed (Ashley: 2 nightstands, underneath storage and Comfortaire mattress) (Rachel).

LED HDTV
STORAGE BED

ARPs:

$1200
$4729

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Computer (23in touchscreen with 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, wireless printer); ARP: $815 (Rachel)

JUDITH BRENDA NATASKA EMI
1200 1100 1800 750

The winner is...
EMI

Emi is playing SQUEEZE PLAY for an ATV (Kymco: MXU 375 4x4 ATV with independent rear suspensIoN) and a scooter (160cc engine) (Carla).

The 9, 2 or 9 is incorrect.

7 9 2 9 8

Emi removes the 2...

$ 7 9 9 8
$7998

WIN

Sixth IUFB: Camcorder (3D Camcorder with 3.5in screen); ARP: $1,000 (Carla)

JUDITH BRENDA NATASKA TODD
750 950 600 799

The winner is...
BRENDA

Brenda is playing More or LeSs.

Treadmill (Pro-Form: 16 exercise programs) (Rachel)

MORE
$350
More
$350
$600

Designer accessories (Kate Spade: Tote bag, wallet, heels, flats) (Carla)

LESS
$2700
LESS
$2700
$1224

Washer and Dryer (Carla)

LESS
$3650
LESS
$3650
$2300

2013 Scion XB (AT, 2.4L engine, Pioneer audio) (Rachel)

MORE
$19,200
Less
$19,200
$18,505

LOSS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Brenda $5,124 40 30 .70 *SHOWCASE*
Rigoberto $7,210 45 100 1.45
OVER
Emi $8,813 10 95 1.05
OVER

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Brenda has the honors...

SC1 - Florida

JAZZ SHOWCASE
  • 3 new iPods (Apple: 32GB Touch, 2GB shuffle, 16GB Nano + $100 iTunes card) (Rachel)
  • Trip to New Orleans (RT Coach to New Orleans, LA for a 5n stay in a deluxe king room at the Dauphine Orelans Hotel + dinner Jazz cruise) (Rachel)
  • 2013 Kia Soul (1.6L engine, AT, steel wheels, carpeted floor mats, cargo net) (Carla)
Bid: $20,000

SC2 - Brenda

LUAU SHOWCASE
  • Trip to Hawaii (RT Coach to Hawaii, HI for a 5n stay in 1-bedroom suite at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel + daily breakfast and luau) (Carla)
  • Party Boat (Electracraft: 15ft 16CS Catamaran, axle trailer, cockpit cover) (Rachel)
Bid: $24,500
Florida
$20,000
KIA
$24,324
$4,234
KIA
*WIN*
$25,414
Brenda
$24,500
PARTYBOAT
$32,259
$7,759
PARTYBOAT

A contestant was determined after the show to be ineligible for accepting their prizes.

Results: 3 out of 6 (with 1 bailout)
Winnings: $59,866
Biggest Winner: Florida

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:36:43 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Banana

• Outside in Line
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/3/2013
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
I wonder who the ineligible contestant is this time. Oh well, not a bad episode, but yet another cruel TTM! setup.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
Good to see that That's Too Much now gets the split screen treatment for the price reveal.

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »
Holy cow what was Drew's problem during the first half today?

You go from him hosting the hell out of the slow, like Tuesday, to something like today.

*Is it common practice to not let someone change their bid once its entered? I didn't think so; I thought there was some degree of leniency, but Drew just seemed oddly dismissive of Brenda during the 2nd one bid (there could have been a bad edit where she waffled too long...still).

*Drew was off during Push Over...again, seemed dismissive of the contestant with the "will dance for a car" shirt. He scoffed then threw to the trip to Peru.

*Drew has got to quit telling people games are hard. That sucked the life and hope out of That's Too Much...especially as close as the contestant got to the price on an evil set-up. And what was up with him trying to scare her by yelling at her during the explanation of the rules? That struck me as being in poor taste and taunting a genuinely moved contestant.

*Drew really seemed distracted at the first wheel...missing the lack of a complete spin and seemed totally disconnected from the goings on.

He seemed to pick it up for the second half, thankfully. I'm not a Drew hater, but he really baffled me today.

That all being said, this just seemed to be an average show. Both car games teetered on evil, though Magic Number was impossible to lose and we saw quality wins in the quickies. I have to say how much I loved Florida. Her genuine joy for being on stage is something I've come to miss on the show. I was rooting for her and she almost stopped Mike with that TTM set-up...she definitely had a grasp on what she was doing (though, with a Fusion, I knew she'd stopped just too soon).

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
*Is it common practice to not let someone change their bid once its entered? I didn't think so; I thought there was some degree of leniency, but Drew just seemed oddly dismissive of Brenda during the 2nd one bid (there could have been a bad edit where she waffled too long...still).

Yeah, that felt pretty off to me as well.  Drew hadn't moved on to the next contestant yet--it would have been far more understandable if he had--and it seemed obvious she made a mistake with her bid, but he just didn't let her change it for some reason.  There is some comfort in knowing that she'd have overbid with what she'd meant to bid, though, so it wouldn't have mattered here, at least.

Both car games teetered on evil

I don't see how More or Less was evil.  The first three prizes were pretty easy, and the audience seemed split 50/50 on the car.  She just went with the wrong half of the audience.  Doesn't seem all that evil to me.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »
No car game wins, but it was OK.

THE BAD NEWS:

That's Too Much (or in this case, "That's Not Enough"): The feature where they show the two prices side by side of the actual car price in the middle was good. Too bad Florida didn't go a little more farther than that. At least she won a Kia, even though it was cheaper than the Ford Fusion.

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Punch-A-Bunch: Good thing Betty kept that 2nd $2500.

More Or Less: http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,20269.msg358336.html#msg358336

Good job, peanut gallery....................... :rollold:

THE GOOD NEWS:

Magic Number: Nice job by Rigoberto!

Squeeze Play: That setup couldn't be any more obvious........Glad Emi got that ATV.

Pushover: Maximum winnage by Max!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

While no car wins today, at least it got more than 2 wins............Some of the setups weren't that hard, but the audience had to horn in, as always. The contestant is playing the games, not them.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
Drew has got to quit telling people games are hard. That sucked the life and hope out of That's Too Much...especially as close as the contestant got to the price on an evil set-up. And what was up with him trying to scare her by yelling at her during the explanation of the rules? That struck me as being in poor taste and taunting a genuinely moved contestant.

I agree that Drew absolutely needs to stop criticizing difficult games right before the contestant is about to play them. However, while his yelling was unnecessary, it did add a bit of excitement to TTM that's been missing since Bob left (ex: Bob - "Now, when you go to say that's too much, I don't want you to just say it. I want you to yell it like you're a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps! Now tell me how you'll say it!" ... Contestant - "THAT'S TOO MUCH"). In this instance, the contestant did appear to be a little startled, but it certainly got my attention.

I actually enjoyed today's show. I thought the setups were pretty fair, and despite going 3/6 with no car wins, 2 of the losses had at least a partial win, so that was a nice change of pace from the 2/6'ers we've been seeing lately. And I've noticed an older cue or two being mixed in with some of the shows this week, although remixed slightly. I definitely want this to be a trend that continues!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
I agree that Drew absolutely needs to stop criticizing difficult games right before the contestant is about to play them. However, while his yelling was unnecessary, it did add a bit of excitement to TTM that's been missing since Bob left (ex: Bob - "Now, when you go to say that's too much, I don't want you to just say it. I want you to yell it like you're a sergeant in the United States Marine Corps! Now tell me how you'll say it!" ... Contestant - "THAT'S TOO MUCH"). In this instance, the contestant did appear to be a little startled, but it certainly got my attention.

I actually enjoyed today's show. I thought the setups were pretty fair, and despite going 3/6 with no car wins, 2 of the losses had at least a partial win, so that was a nice change of pace from the 2/6'ers we've been seeing lately. And I've noticed an older cue or two being mixed in with some of the shows this week, although remixed slightly. I definitely want this to be a trend that continues!
When Drew tells a contestant that a certain game is hard, then that contestant will get that assumption that a game is hard, and that will give that person too much pressure as it is.

Drew needs to stop adding fuel to the fire when it comes to things like that.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
When Drew tells a contestant that a certain game is hard, then that contestant will get that assumption that a game is hard, and that will give that person too much pressure as it is.

Drew needs to stop adding fuel to the fire when it comes to things like that.
It doesn't actually make much of a difference.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »
It doesn't actually make much of a difference.

For me, as a viewer at home, it does. It's like saying "Hey, I know you're expecting some wins today, but this game really sucks, so the contestant probably won't win. You might as well change the channel now and come back for the showcase showdown."
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 05:58:15 PM »
Punch A Bunch:  Good bailout.
Push Over, Magic #, Squeeze Play:  Nice wins! :-)
That's Too Much!:  I see they unfortunately still have this game. :-(  What a heartbreaking loss!  :'(
More Or Less:  Bummer! :-(
I don't see how More or Less was evil.  The first three prizes were pretty easy, and the audience seemed split 50/50 on the car.  She just went with the wrong half of the audience.  Doesn't seem all that evil to me.
I thought it was evil because the car looked like it was more than $19,200.

Pretty good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »
I wonder how the staff is reacting to Drew exposing the difficult setups for car games. It happened the other day with Stack the Deck and now with That's Too Much. It might not be long before we see his complaints being edited out.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
I love Magic #, one of my favourite games, but it seemed hacked to pieces today.   Drew left the number at around 740 then the contestant barely touched the lever, yet the next shot suddnely had the number up to 1300-odd.

Mind you that was probably the best I've heard Drew explain the game.

Edit:   Just watching the showcases, and it seems odd having very similar-looking cars in the 6th pricing game and then the first showcase, especially with both being black.   At first glance it looked like they didn't bother swapping the car out.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:30:16 PM by brosa0 »

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »
I hate That's Too Much.

I LOVE THIS AND BELIEVE IT IS FULL OF DIRECTORIAL WIN.

Brilliant idea, whoever that was. I did find it interesting though that it is essentially the same reveal as Magic #, and that showed up today as well. That whole Florida segment today was just great. She was such a lovable contestant. George's "fakeout" prior to announcing the car was cute, and Drew's "DON'T PANIC!" and Florida's reaction were hilarious. Drew also did a nice job of playing up the loss.

I don't think Drew was really "criticizing" TTM as some have said. All he said was "This is a tough game, okay? I'm not lying to you, this is a hard game to win, but people win it." I'm sure he just wanted to make sure she was careful when she played the game.

Speaking of Magic #, what on earth is going on with these setups? With a $3500 range you may as well not even have the contestant play the game. I know I gripe about games being too hard, but there is such a thing as too easy.

After seeing the new set in action and reverting back to the old one, I must say the "old" one is much better, IMO. Maybe it was just the way the studio was lit for the Breast Cancer special, but Tuesday's show was just blinding. I love the new stairs, but that giant reflective mess of a floor adds even more "busyness". I think Mike's initial reservations were correct. The simple blue around the doors looks much better than those big fat silver strips which were already present on the doors borders. I don't get why they couldn't just put the backlighting behind the green door borders. They look too "built-up" now - and the light between them appears blindingly bright since the LEDs are just a few inches away from each other. It's too much.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:24:26 PM by CJBojangles »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
That is not how you pronounce "Peru", George. -_-

"I'm gonna show you A NEW CAR!" The buildup sounds very Barker-esque...which saddens me that the one doing it is George and not the host.

Speaking of the host, I learned today that Drew is perfectly capable of yelling during That's Too Much...just not what Barker would tell the contestant to yell.

Magic # was very, very clearly set up to be won.

Holy cow what was Drew's problem during the first half today?

You go from him hosting the hell out of the slow, like Tuesday, to something like today.
In fairness to Drew, that episode was taped well over a month after the one that aired today.

I wonder who the ineligible contestant is this time.
I am not certain whether you expect to get an answer, but they stopped specifying which contestant was ineligible since at least the beginning of Season 40.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:34:50 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.