Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/18/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Big Money Week - Day 5)  (Read 12345 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/18/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Big Money Week - Day 5)
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6421 (TPiR Season 42 Big Money Week - Day V)
Aired – 10/18/2013; Taped – 8/26/2013
Models: Carrie Keagan, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Designer Sunglasses (Gucci: 4-pairs); ARP: $1,125 (Overhead)

VANESSA RHONDA JAMES SEYED-FATEMEH
950 1275 951 800

The winner is...
JAMES

James is playing LUCKY $EVEN for a 2013 Fiat 500 Pop Hatchback (1.4L engine, electric stability control, 15in aluminum wheels, MVLA value package) (Rachel).

First number is...

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 7

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 4

$

Remaining: $3

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $0

ARP was:

$

LOSS

Second IUFB: Home Theatre System (Sony); ARP: $1,100 (Carrie)

VANESSA RHONDA CLORA SEYED-FATEMEH
357 1001 799 1000

The winner is...
RHONDA

Rhonda is playing Do The Math for a new all-terrain vehicle (Kymco: MXU-375) (Rachel) and a new television (Samsung: 64in 3D plasma HDTV with 2 pairs of 3D glasses) (Carrie).

± $1,449 =
ATV
3D HDTV
Rhonda believes it is
= $1,449 =
ATV
3D HDTV
- $1,449 =
$5,399
$3,950

WIN

Third IUFB: The Price is Right Jewelry Box: (Mauricio Serrano: Sterling silver and semiprecious stone costume jewelry); ARP: $1,200 (Carrie and Rachel)

VANESSA TYLER CLORA SEYED-FATEMEH
1 750 800 650

The winner is...
CLORA

Clora is playing PLINKO! for a chance to win $500,000!.

Drew gives her a free Plinko chip.
$

Chip #1 (Electric Grill) (Rachel):

She picks 9...
WIN!
$19
$

Chip #2 (250W Blender):

She picks 3...
$
WIN!
$30

Chip #3 (Three glass vases):

She picks 6...
WIN!
$36
$

Chip #4 (Deep Fryer):

She picks 7...

Clora drops the first chip...

$

0 100
0 1
$

Clora drops the second chip...

$

0 100
0 1
$

Clora drops the third chip...

$

0 100
0 1
$

Clora drops the fourth chip...

$

0 100
0 1
$

LOSS (Total Winnings: $2,085)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
James $1,125 55 STAY .55
Clora $3,285 90 STAY .90
Rhonda $10,449 95 .95 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Designer Luggage (Amelia Earhart: 3-piece set); ARP: $600 (Carrie and Rachel)

VANESSA TYLER CALLIE SEYED-FATEMEH
500 951 950 750

The winner is...
VANESSA

Vanessa is playing SIDE BY SIDE for a trip to New York City (RT Coach to New York, NY for a 5n stay at the Warwick New York Hotel + daily breakfast and helicopter tour of the city) (Carie).

The ARP is either $7,390 or $9,073.

BY  
SIDE 73 SIDE

She picks...

BY  
SIDE   SIDE
  90 73
WIN 90 73

Fifth IUFB: Electric Guitar (Schecter: Electric Bass Guitar with a case); ARP: $1,319 (Carrie)

JESSICA TYLER CALLIE SEYED-FATEMEH
700 825 1000 1001

The winner is...
SEYED-FATEMEH

Seyed-Fatemeh is playing GAS MONEY for a 2013 Toyota Camry LE (2.5L engine, 6-speed AT, power windows) (Rachel).

$

$20,237
$23,475
$22,645
$21,300
$24,813

Seyed-Fatemeh picks $20,237.

$

$2,000
$23,475
$22,645
$21,300
$24,813

Seyed-Fatemeh picks $21,300.

$

$2,000
$23,475
$22,645
$3,000
$24,813

Seyed-Fatemeh picks $23,475.

$

$2,000
CAR
$4,000
$3,000
$1,000

LOSS

Sixth IUFB: Home Gym (Multi-Station Home Gym); ARP: $1,300 (Rachel)

JESSICA TYLER CALLIE STEVEN
1500 1501 1502 1200

The winner is...
STEVEN

Steven is playing Grocery Game for new kitchen appliances (Bosch: 30in freestanding gas range, 22cuft side by side fridge, 24in built-in dishwasher) and ice cream for a year (eCreamery.com; ARP: $5,172) (Carrie).

Items:

1. Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
  2. Read 3-Bean Salad
  3. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Espresso
  4. Amy's Organic Rice & Black Bean Burrito
  5. Frito's Jalapeno and Bean Dip
Steven picks 4 dips. ARP of one:
$2.99
x4 for a total of:
Steven picks 1 coffee. ARP of one:
$9.99
x1 makes it:
LOSS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Steven $1,300 30 10 .40
Seyed-Fatemeh $1,319 25 35 .60 *SHOWCASE*
Vanessa $9,673 20 85 1.05
OVER

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Rhonda has the honors...

SC1 - Rhonda

ADVENTURERS BEWARE
  • Trip to the Amazon (RT Coach to Brazil then onto Amazon for 5n stay in double special cabin at the Juma Amazon Lodge + all meals provided and guided tours (Carrie)
  • 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x5 (3.6L V6 engine, 6-speed MT) (Rachel)
Bid: $30,000

SC2 - Seyed-Fatemeh

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
  • Trip to San Francisco (Private Jet via LuckyJets to San Francisco, CA for a 6n stay in executive king suite at Marriott San Francisco Marquis) (Rachel)
  • Trip to the Seychelles (RT Coach to the Seychelles for a 6n stay in a garden villa at Sainte Anne Resort and Spa + daily breakfast, 60min spa treatment each) (Carrie)
Bid: $20,000
Rhonda
$30,000
TRIP/JEEP
$34,529
$4,529
TRIP/JEEP
*WIN*
$46,427
Seyed-Fatemeh
$20,000
SEYCHELLES
$31,879
$11,879
SEYCHELLES

Results: 2 out of 6
Winnings: $63,129
Biggest Winner: Rhonda

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:38:48 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/18/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Big Money Week - Day 5)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »
My two cents:

Lucky Seven: Good guess on the 2nd number. Tough luck afterwards.
Do the Math: Big win! And I'm glad Rhonda won that Jeep in her Showcase.
$500K Plinko: Another case of lady luck not on the contestant's side. I was hoping for at least one chip to hit the $100K slot. But better than last season's.
Side by Side: Had no idea a trip to the Big Apple would be that pricey.
Gas Money: This is one time the cheap multiple of 5 was NOT the pink slip price. But in all the playings I've seen, the last number in the pink slip price is either a 5 or 0.
Grocery Game: Great to see it back. Too bad he went over by 95 cents. That coffee-- Pricey. I would've bought 20 burritos. But then again, I don't know the price of one.

Not a bad Big Money Week. Better than last time, in terms of both quality and winnings (about 30% more than last time; small, but still...).

I can hardly wait to find out what to expect in the next Big Money Week.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:46:34 PM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
Today's thoughts...

Pretty bad today with Drew being the biggest offender. Between his phony gasps before reading the one-bid prices (which is not funny) to his repeated use of his standard uninterested crutches ("Where are you from? What do you do? How about that?" etc.), to some of his stupid comments (I'm pretty sure he called the final round of the show the "Showcase Showdown" when reading off that bucket list shirt - he's the host of the show!), to the outright lie that today's showcases were great (more below), I wouldn't be showing this episode to anyone to try and convince them that he's a good host of the show.

Lucky $even had a pretty rotten price. I doubt anyone realistically was going to walk away from this with a car in their possession.

Do the Math was a simple affair. There's that 3D TV again. There's that ATV again. The key word in the TV description was "plasma" making minus the only logical choice.

I know Plinko is the most recognized game on the show, but they really need to stop putting all their eggs in that basket to carry a show's excitement. Between the all-Plinko show which resulted nothing to write home about being won to playing it for $500,000 today with the same result, I wouldn't be disappointed to see this game drop off the radar for a month. True, it's all in the luck of the chip drops, but, we've seen far too many playings where the middle slot isn't hit that disappointment is the likely outcome. Some of those small prize prices could have gone either way, so, I'm amazed four chips were won.

The trip to New York in Side By Side could have gone either way, both prices could have made sense.

At least Gas Money wasn't wiped out on the first pick.

Grocery Game was a disappointment. If only he had picked one less dip.

Enough already with these two-prize showcases! How can they even call them showcases? They're basically just glorified one-bids now. And for Drew to constantly remind us that the showcases are "good" and that it's his favorite part of the show just ends up making him sound idiotic. It's like they're trying to drum it into us that even though there's only two-prizes, they're still super-awesome. Well, I'm sorry, but they're not. They come off as cheap and leave me thinking "Really? That's it?" And for George to actually recap two-prize showcases is asinine. At least they've taken to editing out Drew's recap after the break.

Bad end to a relatively good week.

Where is Temptation...?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:59:42 PM »
to some of his stupid comments (I'm pretty sure he called the final round of the show the "Showcase Showdown" when reading off that bucket list shirt - he's the host of the show!),
To be fair, that's what was on the guy's shirt. His shirt mistakenly called it the Showcase Showdown, not Drew. And far be it from Drew to point out that the guy is wrong and make him look bad on TV.

The showcases were lazy. Absolutely lazy.

Kind of in a bind right now, so that's all I can say. I'll try to post more later.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
Do the Math was a simple affair. There's that 3D TV again. There's that ATV again. The key word in the TV description was "plasma" making minus the only logical choice.

That's what did it for you?  I thought it was obvious because the ATV was gigantic.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
Pretty average way to end Big Money Week.

THE BAD NEWS:

Lucky $even: I was thinking "$17123", but at least it wasn't the case. At least the contestant had a good stride.

Gas Money: In a way, I and Swingbatta0 were wrong on this one. Too bad Sayedfatmeh didn't listen to the nuts because they were right about $23475 being the car price. Either way, that should've been avoided.

Grocery Game: Tough break for Steven........But it was nice to see that back.

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Plinko: For $500K...........Too bad Clora didn't get 5 chips due to the fryer.* However, $2000 is better than nothing, I guess............Even if it is a very small fraction of what she could've gotten.

*The $42 fryer was also used on Pathfinder from last season's BMW.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Side-By-Side: That New York price really blindsided me. I didn't think it was that expensive. Nice that Vanessa won it!

Do The Math: Nice and practically easy win by Rhonda and her SC win!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Seems to be a pretty average show today and the Showcases were pretty weak, including the  :frbs: (despite it being a tad expensive than I thought it was gonna be for a two-fer).

Well, we're done with this season's Big Money Week.................And I think that it already reached its peak from Monday with 1/2 Off. Somehow after that, I really didn't think that 1/2 Off win being topped. Then again, I was really rooting for Elroy to win that Bentley from yesterday's Golden Road. But it did have its moments, which included the first Stack The Deck win in almost two years.

You know what else? Ever notice the abbreviations of Big Money Week? BMW? Perhaps next season, Mike can put a BMW M6 on a 6-figured 3X, seeing as it might be a more reasonable setup than the Ferrari from last season.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:33:01 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »
Unfortunate loss in Lucky Seven. Pretty much wasted a great start on the third number.

Nice to see a win in Do the Math. I like the cash aspect of it, also.

Poor Plinko. Kinda has to see this coming, unfortunately. A lot of hype only builds up to a lot of disappointment. Boy, that first chip sure danced around a lot, though, didn't it?

Yay for trips home! Was pretty funny in chat when everyone was saying $7,390.

Gas Money was played pretty well, but not well enough, unfortunately.

And nice to see Grocery Game again. Tough break with the coffee.

And I have to agree, the Showcases felt very cheap. Yes, they ended up both over $30,000, but still, two prizes is...odd.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 02:30:23 PM »
Wonder why they didn't bump up the other amounts in Plinko? A $99,000 difference between the biggest slot and 2nd biggest slot is WAAAAAAY too much.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »
Wonder why they didn't bump up the other amounts in Plinko? A $99,000 difference between the biggest slot and 2nd biggest slot is WAAAAAAY too much.

That ain't nothin! Look at Golden Road the other day, a $184,000 difference between the biggest and 2nd biggest! ;)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
Unlike the $500,000 Plinko player last season, who seemed to be going out of her way to avoid hitting the center slot, the player this year actually tried putting her chips in the middle and simply fell victim to physics.

...And the complete absence of Pay the Rent so far this season has been quite welcome.

I notice that Drew is still using the "slow" reveal in Do the Math, when asking for both prices to be shown at once would provide a more satisfying conclusion.

A trip to somewhere else in California again...by private jet. And then a trip to a private island in the Seychelles...by round-trip coach. I believe you may have put those two transportation methods in the wrong spots, Richards.

Lucky $even had a pretty rotten price. I doubt anyone realistically was going to walk away from this with a car in their possession.
I agree -- nobody would reasonably expect all four numbers to be 5+.

Enough already with these two-prize showcases! How can they even call them showcases? [...] And for Drew to constantly remind us that the showcases are "good" and that it's his favorite part of the show just ends up making him sound idiotic. It's like they're trying to drum it into us that even though there's only two-prizes, they're still super-awesome.
Sadly, that has been their mindset for quite a while. The Showcases were never meant to be "awesome" or "huge" or "the best"...or even good, for that matter -- it was about winning more prizes, and nothing else.

The two-prize Showcases look even worse when one considers that two-prize Showcases were done in the earliest days simply (or at the very least, partly) for budgetary reasons. Using them today just looks, as you said, cheap...despite trying to make up for the lack of a third prize by being so expensive.

Unfortunately, I do not believe they shall stop doing this anytime soon.

At least they've taken to editing out Drew's recap after the break.
The easier solution would be to simply tell Drew not to do the recaps anymore. Either that has not been considered, or it has been considered only to be thrown out for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:09:28 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »
Well, Big Money Week II didn't close out with a bang like I hoped it would. Pretty much your typical 2/6 show, with the exception of half-a-million-dollar Plinko.

Lucky $even didn't have a prayer of being won.

I knew that plasma would be less, but wow was it still expensive. At least the ATV was even more expensive. Nice win.

The Plinko gods must still be pissed about the all-Plinko show. The setups weren't that bad, but the chips just couldn't find the big money.

I thought Side-By-Side was setup for an easy win. It was won, but certainly not the way I was expecting. Very lucky guess.

After seeing the all-zero ending in Gas Money the other day, I figured the -00 price was another trick by Mike. Turns out it wasn't, and the nuts were right.

Hey, Grocery Game! Unfortunate loss. :-(

Another FRATS. A really expensive FRATS, at that. And...another car showcase, which was also more expensive than I figured.

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »
Okay show today, I guess.

Lucky $even: These days I'm out of touch with prices, but today I guessed the first two numbers right. With a 5 in the final spot like the good old days, I think this was very winnable.

Do the Math: I think it's a fine concept for a quickie, but I hate the animations on that screen.

Plinko: I had to admit, I didn't want to see the record for this game broken on one chip. Unless the person got all 5 chips and officially "won" Plinko, in which case I'd be fine with it.

Side By Side: Helicopter rides must be really expensive these days.

Gas Money: I was totally expecting the double-zero price to be the car.

Grocery Game: I wanted Bullseye so bad coming into this game. Was I right in thinking that Bullseye was a possibility once they got on the turntable?

Showcases: Seychelles! Always a cute cosplay! Although I always pronounced it Sey-chel-les, with 3 syllables, maybe I was wrong.

Is the show too strapped for time/money that they can't throw in a little prize before those 2 so it can be a "full" showcase?

Big Money Week accomplished its goal: it got me to watch. Though knowing that all the Big Money was out of the show after game three has tempted me to switch over to repeats of The $100,000 Pyramid. I was really hoping for a $250,000 Punch-A-Bunch instead of Cliffhangers, that would have been more exciting.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
A trip to somewhere else in California again...by private jet. And then a trip to a private island in the Seychelles...by round-trip coach. I believe you may have put those two transportation methods in the wrong spots, Richards.

Do you have any idea how much a private jet would cost to the Seychelles and back?  Then you'd be yelling at him for having exorbitant showcases.

I swear, Mike Richards cannot win, no matter what he does.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
Nice wins on Do The Math & Side By Side! :-)  Not too good other than that, IMHO.

Another Big Money Week letdown (except for 1/2 Off).  Don't they want to give the prizes away?  I think they should do Million Dollar Spectaculars for Big Money Week next year.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:10:57 PM »
I'm left thinking that my favorite part of this week was Cliffhangers.  But then I'm pondering how it can be that my favorite part can be the playing of a classic game for a super-inflated potential prize by thinking backwards on the game's scale with an odd starting point not at the bottom of the hill.  How can my favorite thing of the week be such a convoluted setup of a game?
Everything this week seems so convoluted and full of gimmicks, just like everything else on TV.  I can't believe that I'm starting to question why I still watch what used to be my favorite show.