Author Topic: "Press Your Luck" episodes featuring Maggie Schpock  (Read 3852 times)

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
"Press Your Luck" episodes featuring Maggie Schpock
« on: February 03, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »
Eh, what's up, Doc?  This is Hector.  Just recently, I was watching PYL on Game Show Network.  I was surprised to see Maggie Schpock on television.  Was she known as Maggie Brown on pilot episodes of Second Chance and Press Your Luck?  She won a total of $12,932 in one episode.  In the next episode, the Whammy took away almost $15,000 from Maggie.  I thought that those episodes were interesting.  Th-th-th-that's all Folks!

Hector Manuel Torres Jr.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: "Press Your Luck" episodes featuring Maggie Schpock
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »
Correct, Maggie Schpock and Maggie Brown are one in the same.  She appeared on the PYL pilot as Maggie Brown and won against Jack Campion and Matt Dorf(sp?).  She was indeed also on the Second Chance pilot once again with Jack Campion.  I believe the 3rd contestant was Lynn Kline(sp?).  She was also on a pilot for Whew! if I'm not mistaken and for that matter, Jack has been on pilots for Jeopardy!, Card Sharks, and probably more.  Maggie also appeared on Peter Tomarken's Wipeout in 1988.  Anyone who knows any better feel free to correct me.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: "Press Your Luck" episodes featuring Maggie Schpock
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:34:32 PM »
Yes, Maggie was indeed a contestant (and champion) on "Wipeout".  She was also a contestant on "The Joker's Wild" in 1972 and "Blank Check" in 1976.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16