Author Topic: MLB baseball 2014  (Read 60785 times)

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
Re: MLB baseball 2014
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
Tigers show yet again how horrible their bullpen is.

Yeah... One of them had a 108 ERA for the game!
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2014, 09:41:56 PM »
Yeah... One of them had a 108 ERA for the game!

That was Joba Chamberlain. At first his ERA was infinite. I'm not kidding. All I can say is thank God the Yankees got rid of him.

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
That was Joba Chamberlain. At first his ERA was infinite. I'm not kidding. All I can say is thank God the Yankees got rid of him.

and Now for me to hate the Tigers for not making the Empire keep him!
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2014, 10:08:05 PM »

I can say the same for Phil Coke with the way he's pitching as well.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »
While we're on the subject of Yankees pitchers, does anyone think that the 2004 ALCS exposed Mariano Rivera as overrated when he blew back to back saves in games 4 and 5 and thus played a key role in the Yankees being the only team to ever lose a postseason series after having a 3-0 lead?
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »
He's only the greatest closer in baseball history. Anyone who thinks he's overrated should just leave the sport now.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »
While we're on the subject of Yankees pitchers, does anyone think that the 2004 ALCS exposed Mariano Rivera as overrated when he blew back to back saves in games 4 and 5 and thus played a key role in the Yankees being the only team to ever lose a postseason series after having a 3-0 lead?

THANK YOU RIVERA!
My sports teams are

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:35 PM »

Absolutely not. Rivera rarely struggled in the postseason. His only postseason blemishes were Game 4 of the 1997 ALDS, Game 7 of the 2001 World Series (his only postseason loss), and the blown saves that you mentioned. The Yankees collapse was the result of the rest of the bullpen and the Yankees major stars completely losing all momentum (most notably A-Roid's hitting drought with RISP). Rivera is definitely NOT overrated, especially that he has 42 postseason saves, the most of any closer in baseball history.

He's only the greatest closer in baseball history. Anyone who thinks he's overrated should just leave the sport now.

+1
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:52:50 PM by GSB92 »

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2014, 10:52:26 PM »
FWIW, Rivera's postseason stats: 8-1 with a 0.70 ERA, 42 saves, 0.759 WHIP in 96 games. Yeah, he sure was overrated.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2014, 10:55:29 PM »

:headbang: :headbang:

MARIANO RIVERA IS NOT OVERRATED!!! He never has been, nor never should he be. His 652 saves, 13 all-star games & 5 World Series rings should be enough to convince anyone he's the greatest closer of all time. 
To say Rivera's overrated is like saying the sky is green & grass is blue. It just isn't true.

AMEN!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:58:32 PM by JustBecause »

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2014, 10:58:37 PM »
:headbang: :headbang:

Mariano Rivera is not overrated. He never has been, nor never should he be. His 652 saves, 13 all-star games & 5 World Series rings should be enough to convince anyone he's the greatest closer of all time. 
To say Rivera's overrated is like saying the sky is green & grass is blue. It just isn't true.

May be a Red Sox fan but if you are going to say Mariano is overrated with these stats then your being insane!
My sports teams are

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
Another thing. I decided at 3:00 AM in the morning on September 28 to watch the Red Sox game. When Derek Jeter left the field I didn't boo or jeer him I stood up in my room and clapped out of respect. If anyone booed at that then well. Please leave the sports fandom. I'd clap if a Celtics player was playing his last game, I'd clap if a Kings player was, I'd also clap if an Oakland or Seattle player was because I am not a classless person.
My sports teams are

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #312 on: October 03, 2014, 01:14:43 AM »
Scorecard for the ALDS: Kansas City [KC] vs. LA Angels of Anaheim [LAA]  (Game 1)

Date: October 2nd, 2014 - October 3rd, 2014
Game Played at: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Game Broadcast on: tbs (Turner Broadcasting System)

Time Game Started: October 2nd, 2014 -  9:07 PM EDT
Time Game Ended: October 3rd, 2014 - 1:14 AM EDT
Length of Game: 4 Hours, 07 Minutes

TEAM1234567891011RUNSHITSERRORS
KC00101000001340
LAA00101000000240

KC leads series 1-0

The following scorecard was created by TheGRVOfLightning via the game broadcast on MLB.tv on Apple TV.
Any use of this scorecard without the express written consent of TheGRVOfLightning is strictly prohibited.
My sports teams are

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #313 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:41 AM »
These Royals sure have a flair for the dramatic! :)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #314 on: October 03, 2014, 06:12:09 AM »
May be a Red Sox fan but if you are going to say Mariano is overrated with these stats then your being insane!

Every single pitcher, no matter how good they are, has an off night. Mariano Rivera is the best closer that ever pitched in the game as far as I'm concerned. Also, he used basically one weapon when pitching, his cut fastball, which he discovered when throwing in the mid 90s I believe. Those career numbers speak for themselves.