Author Topic: MLB baseball 2014  (Read 60770 times)

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: MLB baseball 2014
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »
And Mike Trout becomes the new A-Rod.

If the Royals can sweep the best team in baseball, I can see them sweeping the Orioles. They could be the 2007 Rockies.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »
I say this series goes the distance with the Royals claiming the AL Pennant.

Let's also hold off on calling Mike Trout the new A-Rod. Let's remember this was his first taste of playoff baseball and certainly won't be his last. Plenty of time to recover. He'll be back.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »
Let's also hold off on calling Mike Trout the new A-Rod. Let's remember this was his first taste of playoff baseball and certainly won't be his last. Plenty of time to recover. He'll be back.

Last I heard, Mike Trout didn't try to slap a ball out of somebody's glove.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »
I love this Royals team and their style. Think about this: The Royals had both the fewest home runs AND the fewest walks in the American League. Yet here they are in their first ALCS since 1985! Why? Speed, fundamentals, defense, and bullpen. I love the style of the Royals and how they win. Plus Kansas City is an underrated baseball city. The Royals have great fans and now that the team is having success the country is getting to see that I'm supporting the Royals long as they're alive.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »
This Royals defense is SCARY. I mean, those two back-to-back, dive/slide grabs by Lorenzo Cain were absolutely killed the Angels. This team is fast, young, and good with their gloves. This is going to be a good series.

I feel that so far, the Royals and the Orioles have had the loudest, most boisterous crowds this postseason. I'm definitely going to enjoy the support I'll see from both cities.

I think the O's will continue to find ways to knock the ball out of the park. So give me the O's in 6.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #365 on: October 06, 2014, 06:25:25 AM »
I think this series is gonna be a tight one, given both teams are good both offensively and defensively. I'd say Royals in 7.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »
Nationals force Game 4 against San Francisco.

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #367 on: October 06, 2014, 08:41:43 PM »
Maybe next time Bumgarner will take the sure out at first base. Take a risk like that and it can come back to bite you.

FTFY.

Also, on these types of plays, it isn't all on the pitcher. Bumgarner was simply doing what his catcher (Buster Posey) told him to do. For all we know, it could've worked out; in this case, it didn't. And the design of AT&T Park didn't do the Giants any favours. There's no need to call anybody in these circumstances what you called Bumgarner in your original post.

Besides, it's not as if the Nationals are going to win the series anyway...I hope.

And if we're offering ALCS predictions, I'll offer 2:
a.) I think that whoever wins the ALCS is winning the World Series this year
b.) Orioles in 7. Both teams are evenly matched & play in great atmospheres with genuine fan support. The Orioles' will have their atmosphere for a game 7. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:51:27 PM by JustBecause »

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2014, 07:29:57 PM »
Matt Adams homers off Kershaw. Who didn't see that coming?

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
The Cardinals advance to the NLCS for the fourth straight year, never done in the National League.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »
It's always a great day when the Dodgers lose! :)

*breathes sigh of relief that we will be able to enjoy a Dodgers free NLCS*
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline AussieEvil

• Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »
Bums are out! yay!
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2014, 08:28:26 PM »
The Cardinals advance to the NLCS for the fourth straight year, never done in the National League.

Braves made eight straight from 1991-1999.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline JustBecause

• Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Even though I predicted the Dodgers to win this series, I'm glad their out too. They're essentially the Yankees of the west coast.

I'm only sad for Clayton Kershaw; I don't think anyone had him losing twice in 5 games. 

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Braves made eight straight from 1991-1999.

D'oh! How can I forget about the Braves dynasty in the 90's???