Author Topic: Fremantle to Launch Buzzr TV-Featuring Classic Goodson Shows  (Read 85565 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
ethawne2015, what else could fremantle media north america possibly obtain that it explicitly owns as far as gameshows go that could be contributed to buzzr?

Except for the four shows mentioned above, everything else in Fremantle's library media is owned outright by them.  I'm sure as time goes on, Buzzr will rotate shows in and out.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Except that Jim Victory Television was bought up by MTM Enterprises/20th Century Fox-21st Century Fox...   http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTM_Enterprises

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
I wouldn't mind at all if TPIR started from 1995, as that was when Holly left the show for good.
If the 14 seasons of Marc Breslow-directed episodes aren't included, I won't be watching.

Speaking of Breslow: He was really busy in 1978.  The Price is Right daytime & nighttime, Match Game '78 and Card Sharks (both currently on Buzzr), Match Game PM.  Best game show director.  Ever.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
If the 14 seasons of Marc Breslow-directed episodes aren't included, I won't be watching.

Speaking of Breslow: He was really busy in 1978.  The Price is Right daytime & nighttime, Match Game '78 and Card Sharks (both currently on Buzzr), Match Game PM.  Best game show director.  Ever.

If the model ban and fur ban are still in place, then 1972-1976 would be available to air of the Breslow years.  The rest would not be available.  Also Card Sharks was directed by Paul Alter.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner

Also Card Sharks was directed by Paul Alter.

Alter was directing CS at that point, but Breslow did eventually replace him [probably after MG left production?].

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
Alter was directing CS at that point, but Breslow did eventually replace him [probably after MG left production?].
Nope.  Breslow directed Card Sharks first, starting in 1978.  Closing credits show him, and his directing style is unmistakable.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
Besides, Card Sharks ended its run before Match Game did.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Also Card Sharks was directed by Paul Alter.
And way before that, he was the main director of the Bill Cullen Price Is Right.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
Night of June 20 will be an interesting night. According to Titan TV, during the time period for Buzzr Time Machine they will run Blockbusters, Family Feud, Card Sharks, and Press Your Luck. This would have to be the 1980s lookback. I would be very curious to know which shows they will run.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Night of June 20 will be an interesting night. According to Titan TV, during the time period for Buzzr Time Machine they will run Blockbusters, Family Feud, Card Sharks, and Press Your Luck. This would have to be the 1980s lookback. I would be very curious to know which shows they will run.

I'm sure it will be the versions currently seen on Buzzr.  Dawson's Feud lasted until '85, Perry's Card Sharks went until 1981 so it qualifies, and of course PYL went from '83-'86.  I think it might be a little bit before different versions get trotted out.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
It looks like beginning last night, Match Game'78 FINALLY started airing in correct order and not backwards.  They started with 1149 and 1150. 

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
There must be some sort of mistake. The episodes I'm watching on BUZZR now are the same ones that aired exactly 3 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:42:31 AM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
According to Titan TV, Password Plus will air on July 4. It looks like its going to be part of the Buzzr TV Time Machine, along with Card Sharks, Press Your Luck and Super Password. I hope those shows will be milestone shows (firsts or lasts). But they are all indeed 80s.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
There must be some sort of mistake. The episodes I'm watching on BUZZR now are the same ones that aired exactly 3 weeks ago.

A member of Game Show Forum got an email from his contact regarding Buzzr and told that reruns will happen from time to time, but it will be fixed(wasn't given a time frame on when).  Also there are going to do something for the 4th of July and will be sending out a release next week. 

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Buzzr just posted on their FB page that "New" episodes of their current schedule will begin on Monday June 29th.