Author Topic: Bonus Game suggestion  (Read 7605 times)

Offline trustno1

• In Contestant's Row
Bonus Game suggestion
« on: March 07, 2007, 02:13:54 PM »
I have an idea for Bonus Game for you to consider.  This idea is based on what I saw in the Australian show in the early 80's.
As you know, there are 4 small prizes, and if one of them is won, and the Bonus lights up beside it, they win the bonus prize.
Occasionally, they win all 4 of the small prizes.  As such, they automatically win the bonus prize.  This is where my suggestion comes in.
When the above happens, then the contestant should be asked to guess which window it appears.  If he or she is right, they win a cash bonus of $500 or $1000.
What do you think?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Bonus Game suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »
I think that's why we have Shell Game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:05 PM »
I'd go for it if there was no such thing as Shell Game.  But I prefer Shell Game in the first place.

Offline lucyrickyalex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:07:32 AM »
Because the $500 bonus is basically what separates Shell Game from Bonus Game, I have to say...

"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »
Hey, I've seen the 3 Strikes NO a lot, but I can't remember seeing the Bonus Game NO.  

You know, if we want to make the two games even closer, we could replace BONUS with BALL, or we could put NO letters under the other shells.  :lol:

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »
Great idea--if Shell Game isn't around.  I have to agree with what the others say.  However, should Shell Game get retired (and I hope that it doesn't) then I would welcome the cash bonus.  Shell Game and Bonus Game are too much alike to create any more similarities in the gameplay.

Offline lucyrickyalex

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »
Hey, I've seen the 3 Strikes NO a lot, but I can't remember seeing the Bonus Game NO.

I wanted to do something that hadn't been overdone such as the Three Strikes NO.  I just cut and pasted in Paint to create that.
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »
I've tried pasting things in here with little success.  I'd gotten about 100 pictures ready for the PG photochop thread. :-(

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »
lucyrickyalex wrote:

I wanted to do something that hadn't been overdone such as the Three Strikes NO. I just cut and pasted in Paint to create that.

I prefer using the Three Strikes NO (I have two of 'em--the 1980s NO and the current NO), simply because when I make a point to disagree with a particular thread or statement, it drives the point across even harder.  :lol:  :lol:

Anyways, both Shell Game and Bonus Game have similar gameplay mechanics, so it would confuse people if Bonus Game offered any cash bonuses.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline trustno1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 02:07:49 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.
I wasn't aware that Shell Game offered that as a bonus.

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 05:28:30 PM »
Wasn't Bonus Game actually retired for about 2 years right after Shell Game premiered?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »
It was taken out of the rotation on the daytime show for 13 months.  It wasn't affected on the nighttime show, which I would imagine is the only reason it survived.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 01:09:36 AM »
Yeah, the nighttime show had so few games that they needed as many as possible.  How many did it use at that point...9 or 10 games?

Interstingly, I only recall one playing of Double Prices from J-shea's '74-'75 clips.  How many Bonus Games were there, three or so?  There were easily more Shell Games.  

On a side note, Steve, the timeline says Bonus Game reentered the rotation on 7/24/75 (with 5 weeks left in the season).  Another place I thought it said that Bonus was only played twice during Season 3.  How could it only be two times in 5 weeks?  Or am I mistaken?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
OldPrice75 wrote:

Interstingly, I only recall one playing of Double Prices from J-shea's '74-'75 clips.

Believe it or not, that's the only playing of Double Prices on the nighttime show in the second, third, fourth, and fifth seasons.

OldPrice75 wrote:

On a side note, Steve, the timeline says Bonus Game reentered the rotation on 7/24/75 (with 5 weeks left in the season).  Another place I thought it said that Bonus was only played twice during Season 3.  How could it only be two times in 5 weeks?  Or am I mistaken?

It was played once that week, once the next week, and then vanished again for the next three.  Once Season 4 started, it seems like it just picked back up like it had never been away.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »
Since we're talking about the different nos on TPIR, I read that 3 Strikes used a different, more streamlined "NO" for a few weeks in late 1998.

Anyone got a pic of that? Always curious as to what it looked like.