Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 09/29/15  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 09/29/15
« on: September 29, 2015, 01:53:35 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:58:18 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 09/29/15
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »
It was a pretty average show.
Since they redid the paint job for Squeeze Play , it looks so good with the new Turntable background.
How much Glitter was on the Wheel today? I've never seen it shine so much. I needed some sunglasses just to watch the spins.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
Five Price Tags: Damn all-false playing...no wonder she lost.

Squeeze Play: I guess that center-stage playing was for one time only, but the classic blue prop looks good no matter where it is. Too bad it was lost on its return to the Turntable...

Magic #: That was a very wide range between the less expensive prize and the more expensive one. I would've gone $3000 and gotten it over with.

Pocket ¢hange: Nice win!

Bullseye: Ditto!

Most Expen$ive: See Pocket ¢hange; that was a nice way to break even.

Showcases: Boy were they way off on their respective bids! But I like that the Mini Cooper Showcase was won.

Miscellaneous: It's always miraculous to see a winless first half get followed up by a perfect second half.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 03:05:57 PM »
My two cents:

Five Price Tags: Deceptive SPs (plus, the she should never have trusted the audience, most of whom guessed false on some of those SPs). Nonetheless, tough break on pricing the SUV (which was just as likely to be won as any other car; just not meant to be today).
Squeeze Play: Tough break. 'Nuff said.
Magic #: Never expected the luggage to exceed $2K. Nevertheless, tough break.
Pocket Change: What a win! Especially getting the $2 envelope! The only way she would've lost was by blowing it on all numbers. And kudos to Imogene for winning a Mini Cooper, a trip to Buenos Aires and $5K in cash ($2,500 for the trip, $2,500 for gas money) in her Showcase!
Bullseye: Piece of cake!
Most Expensive: Thanks to that pizza oven, this was a no-brainer.

Showcases: Much as I like seeing a rarely-offered *first-class* trip offered in TPIR, I'm more partial to the Showcase with the dough and the Mini.

What a show this has been. Starting off sour and ending on a high note!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:14:09 PM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »
5PT: I think the only way to win that was to have aced the SP portion.

SP & M$: Not even close.

Pc: The crowd understandably went nuts when Imogene became the first player in almost four yrs. to find that $2 card!

Bullseye: We weren't going to get blanked on the PGs today.

ME: I would've lost w/ the guitar; as a result (since this was the 2nd-taped show this season & yesterday was the 3rd-taped), nine PGs in a row were won!

Showcases: I didn't think Imogene had a chance after both bids were locked in; apparently, all first-class trips are very expensive. The popular player (Imogene) won!

Great recovery after that first half.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 03:24:33 PM »
THE BAD NEWS:

5PT: And "falseitis" claims yet another victim contestant. Well, in Jennifer's case, a paddleboard is sorta a means of transportation.

Squeeze Play: It's great to see them bringing back the old color palette. What's not great was Robert removing the 2.

M#: No comment.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Bullseye: Sometimes good things come in 4s for Henry...I sure do like French's onions, though.

ME: That was well-played from Adam!

Pocket Change: Imogen sure is a good contestant. I got a little nervous when she was getting small change, but she finally got the $2.00 to win that Cruze, along with the Mini on her SC.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Terrible 1st half, but incredible 2nd half. Plus, somebody was O.D.-ing on the glitter with the wheel.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »
Pretty good show. Obviously, nowhere near as good as yesterday, but the perfect half after the winless half was nice.
I did notice though, there were some pretty bad one-bids (especially for the second IUFB) throughout.
As I said in the CSS thread, I was not expecting the first showcase to be THAT expensive.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »
Five Price Tags: Damn all-false playing...no wonder she lost.

For someone who knew about Manuela's 5PT history, she probably should also have known True True True True is almost always better to guess.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »
Was Bullseye a replacement for something? A dirt bike and a washer/dryer seems like quite the random-ass prize package for this game.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »
Was Bullseye a replacement for something?

I doubt it.  I'm sure there are other games that could be set up as replacements much more quickly.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline johnnymatch

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 12:44:57 AM »
Which was more inept: the host's explanation of Five Price Tags or the host's explanation of Pocket Change?
John, Rod, Rich... What is the next name on your list?