Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/01/15 (NBCAM Kickoff Special)  (Read 17881 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/01/15 (NBCAM Kickoff Special)
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:21:22 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/01/15 (NBCAM Kickoff Special)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »
7223K (Monday) is a reminder of why I still love this show. 7224K, today, is a reminder of why the current regime is still struggling to see how the show should be produced.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »
Now this was a tale of two shows.
It was an OK show , until Pay The Rent showed up , and was won for only the 3rd time ever.
Secret "X" was brutal.
She places the X in the worst possible spot , then after winning her 2nd and last "X" , actually looks at the crowd for advice , which stunned me for a second.
Then , after all that , she wins the car by sheer Luck , or as Bob put it once " we're in the Presence of a Miracle " 

I see they fixed the glitter Brightness on the wheel ( or eventually fix based on this Show's Tape Date )
Also , the last time Pay the Rent was won , both Secret "X" and Money game was played on that show as well.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
1 Right Price: Should've picked the TV.

Secret "X": How in the world was that won? Very few people ever place their X's on the center row, but the risk paid off today.

Swap Meet: I was torn between the beverage center and the bicycles myself.

Money Game: Is it just me, or are Focuses getting more expensive nowadays? Although $227 is a pretty good chunk of cash to win.

Range Game: Dead center pays off once again!

Pay the Rent: And for only the third time, we have a $100,000 winner in this game! Also, this must be the first winning combination that actually had the cheapest item in the mailbox.

Showcases: While the BMW Showcase was not won, Nicole's bid was a lot closer than I would've thought. But the Scion one was just as good.

Miscellaneous: Two amazing moments stand out, and they are the middle-row win from X and the $100,000 win from Rent. As for the rest of the show, nothing special going on here.

I see they fixed the glitter Brightness on the wheel ( or eventually fix based on this Show's Tape Date )
Also , the last time Pay the Rent was won , both Secret "X" and Money game was played on that show as well.
What a neat coincidence!

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 02:57:19 PM »
Pay the Rent: And for only the third time, we have a $100,000 winner in this game! Also, this must be the first winning combination that actually had the cheapest item in the mailbox.

Actually , the last time PtR was won , there was a combination that actually went lowest to highest ( Which wouldn't had work today )

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 03:10:02 PM »
1RP: I knew it was the TV because of the -00 Rule. I didn't think we were going to have a PERFECTO on this yr.'s special like last yr.'s.

SX: Katherine was meant to win that KIA Rio, even if she wasn't totally focused for most of this PG.

SM: I would've lost too w/ what Ruby chose.

MG: Not close at all- I was surprised the Focus was $20K+. I would've chosen the 33 on my last pick after choosing 88 & 77 for the back half. To make matters worse, Robyn ended up with a double nickel in SCSD #2.

Range: I knew this was gonna be won when the rangefinder was stopped right in the middle.

PtR: I kinda had a feeling this was going to be played, but NOT 6th! Oh, was Nicole glad that she didn't totally arrange those grocery items from least to most expensive straight up, or else she would've lost it all by $.49. I would've won the big one too, but not after I had to change my mind twice. I was surprised the confetti was all white instead of maybe red/pink also. And where was that green $ on that floor?

Showcases: As good as you could've possibly hoped for- a car winner as the R-U & a $100K winner as the TW!!!!! Unfortunately for Nicole, her bid only about covered the Beamer, so she's gonna have to buy her own luxury car. I was right both Katherine's cars would be in #2 at the end, but I wasn't 100% sure because #1 wasn't used at all during today's SC presentations.

Very good show today, but could've been even better (& this wk.'s PERFECTO is still the best show of the wk. in most people's eyes, including mine).

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 03:17:47 PM »
I think it's time to declare that every time there's a Breast Cancer Awareness special, something very special is going to happen. Seriously, this is the second BCA show in a row where something spectacular has occurred. Last year we had a perfect show, and this year we have something people normally don't expect...Pay the Rent was won! Congratulations to Nicole for winning and making it to the showcase, even though she didn't win hers.

You should never place the "X" in the middle row, plain and simple. It's a very boneheaded strategy to use, unless you're highly confident it's in the middle. Miraculously, the secret "X" was there, so that was a fun turnout.

Money Game was just a typical, average playing which ended in a loss. Nothing very special there.

Pay the Rent...'nuff said. Absolutely fantastic win.

Really, these first two weeks are shaping up to be the best first two weeks of maybe all time. I don't think any other season has had a performance like this before. Looks like we'll be getting budget-mode shows soon.

That would've been on July 4, 2014, the Fourth of July special from Season 42. Interestingly, Money Game was won instead of lost, and Secret "X" was almost the same situation as today's playing: the contestant only got one "X", but placed her Xs in the lower left and upper right corners. Sure enough, the secret "X" was in the middle.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »
7223K (Monday) is a reminder of why I still love this show. 7224K, today, is a reminder of why the current regime is still struggling to see how the show should be produced.

Aside from setting up Rent to be a little too easy, I fail to see any major sins in today's show. Would you care to elaborate on why it's an example of poor production?

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
I'd like to give my shoutout to all of those contestants who fought and won their battles from breast cancer. And my thoughts and prayers for those who still fighting the good fight. Now...

THE BAD NEWS:

ORP: I think that was a decent setup, considering the 4K TV.

Swap Meet: Those were pretty cheap bikes...How unfortunate for Ruby.

Money Game: I wasn't too surprised that the number 44 was gonna be presented...And I also wasn't surprised that it wasn't the winning number. Still, a fairly easy setup, but it just wasn't meant to be for Robyn.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Range Game: Good job by Latwila!

Secret X: I think the biggest faux pas of this game is to place the free X in the middle. After that, I got a little unsure with that after Katherine not getting the first SP right. But after she got the second one, there was a miracle win! And on top of winning the Rio, she also got a Scion as well.

Pay The Rent: Speaking of faux pas, I never thought that placing the cheapest item first would actually pay off. That tends to be quite the habit for anyone who plays Rent. That was another miracle for Nicole, making her the 3rd winner of this game!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Well, it's true what they say: "Expect the unexpected". And those words remain true with today's special. A lot of us would never think that X and Rent were ever be won with those outcomes. But luck aside, this doesn't mean it was a terrible show. This was a really good show with some really good wins.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »
My two cents:

One Right Price: Tough break. Must've been the glasses that come with the TV.
Secret X (for a car!): What a miracle!
Swap Meet: Tough break. 'Nuff said.
Money Game: Same as Swap Meet.
Range Game: Piece of cake!
Pay the Rent: Absolutely the highlight of today's show! The first playing of Pay the Rent this season, and already, we get the first $100,000 win of the season!

Showcases: The Showcase with the Scion (the one that was won) was okay, but can't compare to the one with the Beemer!

Another great show!
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline pocketchange50

• Outside in Line
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »
As far as the post about the "current regime", can somebody beg Stan Blitz to stop picking contestants who drink a case of Red Bull before the show? Yowza. Really tired of using the mute button all the time. Better yet, do away with the lav mics. Totally unnecessary

Secret X--Dumb luck, shoulda been lost

Rent: Yay, but with an 8 combo possibility, seemed like Mike wanted a win

The rest: Don't care. I really wish people would play the games and stop acting up so they can be Youtube dummies

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »
As far as the post about the "current regime", can somebody beg Stan Blitz to stop picking contestants who drink a case of Red Bull before the show? Yowza. Really tired of using the mute button all the time. Better yet, do away with the lav mics. Totally unnecessary

The rest: Don't care. I really wish people would play the games and stop acting up so they can be Youtube dummies

Are you seriously making fun of the demeanor of breast cancer survivors?

All these women bonded over having similar experiences fighting a terrible disease, and the fact that many of them can celebrate victory over breast cancer is surely a cause for excitability. I'm sorry that you, Protagonist of the Universe, don't enjoy this episode because these women - many of whom thought would not even be alive at this point in time - seem a bit excited at the possibility of winning some prizes.

Better yet, you insinuate that they might actually be faking their condition in an attempt to get some air time? You can f*** right off, sir.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:18:29 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline pocketchange50

• Outside in Line
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »
Are you seriously making fun of the demeanor of breast cancer survivors?

All these women bonded over having similar experiences fighting a terrible disease, and the fact that many of them can celebrate victory over breast cancer is surely a cause for excitability. I'm sorry that you, Protagonist of the Universe, don't enjoy this episode because these women - many of whom thought would not even be alive at this point in time - seem a bit excited at the possibility of winning some prizes.

Better yet, you insinuate that they might actually be faking their condition in an attempt to get some air time? You can f*** right off, sir.

Actually referring to the crop of contestants the last few season. And if the showcase winner didn't cause you to mute your remote, you must play your tv on a really low volume

As far as the expletives, was that really necessary? I did NOT use ones towards you, so there is no reason to get personal(much less using the f word)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
Actually referring to the crop of contestants the last few season. And if the showcase winner didn't cause you to mute your remote, you must play your tv on a really low volume

As far as the expletives, was that really necessary? I did NOT use ones towards you, so there is no reason to get personal(much less using the f word)

Cease, desist all.

While using the f-bomb was rather unnecessary, this is a special show, for women who have gone through a trauma in their lives in the form of breast cancer, which kills women regularly if untreated and even treated. I understand your complaints about the contestants being picked over the years, but you picked the wrong show to really go and make a statement. Any other regular show, you might not get the response you had.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 06:53:46 PM »
A truly wonderful and enjoyable show today, as the Breast Cancer Awareness specials always are. As someone who's had cancer affect members of my family it always warms my heart to hear their survivor stories and to hear about their strength and will to win their fight over the disease. Rock on.

I don't think I've ever seen Secret X played, let alone won, in such fashion before. I've seen contestants put first and second X's on one side before putting the remaining one on the opposite side but never one who put one right in the middle like that.

The Pay the Rent win was very exciting to watch but not really much of a surprise for me to see. This show was taped shortly before the tapings I had attended back in August and whenever the GPT or Race Game curtain was lowered or raised there would be remnants of confetti floating onto the stage. It didn't hit me until after the second taping when after the show was finished, crew members were bringing out the numbers from the $100,000 sign to clean off any remaining confetti.