Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 11/18/15  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 11/18/15
« on: November 18, 2015, 03:30:57 PM »

Episode Clips
Flip Flop
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:54:45 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: TPIR Recap - 11.18.15
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
Is $2.50 the highest selling price ever achieved in Pocket ¢hange? I know the highest possible selling price is $2.75, so I just wanted to know.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:08:30 AM by Torgo »

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 11.18.15
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »
Today's Playing of Pocket Change made some history.
This was the 1st time the Price of the car was $2.50. It's been $2.25 a few times , but never higher than that.

Offline ThePyroKinesis

• Outside in Line
Re: TPIR Recap - 11/18/15
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »
So what you're saying is, it's the worst playing of Pocket Change in show history?

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 05:14:55 PM »
I think Rachel's reaction with the facepalm pretty much says it all about today's playing of Pocket Change.

'Roo was too obvious of a setup, especially with that price of the Juke...Seems that never got won as of late.

Well, at least Flippy and Range prevented this from being any worse than it already is.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »
OK guys and gals, how many of you out there were hoping that Barbara would get the highest price possible for the car in Pocket Change? (I admit I was, after she got on such a bad roll.) She almost did that in today's episode.

I really liked the music cue played for the Spain trip in the second showcase. :)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
So what you're saying is, it's the worst playing of Pocket Change in show history?

Seems to be. Had Barbara missed the last number on the first time, she would have easily set the record for worst possible playing.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 07:12:33 PM »
I was hoping that last envelope had another quarter in it. I don't believe all four quarters have ever been picked before.

It's been a while since I've seen that six-wheel amphibious vehicle offered. I remember those were offered regularly near the end of Bob's run.

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 01:33:54 AM »
I had a feeling the olives and birdseed were the things to avoid in Grand Game.  Barbara made history today by becoming the 1st player to reach the $2.50 mark in Pocket Change.  Even though she got well less than the required amount to win at least she didn't get a ridiculously low amount such as only $0.50 like some people in the past have gotten.  I knew Jeane had lowballed the bid in her showcase but didn't think it was by that much. 

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
Count me among those who wanted to see Barbara get every guess wrong in Pocket ¢hange.  For as badly as the game was going, and as unlikely as it was to be won at that point, it would have been so worth it to see the price get up as high as it can go.

For what it's worth, I'd have won Switcheroo.

Oh my God, the amphibious vehicle.  That goofy thing hasn't been offered since Roger was fired, has it?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.