Author Topic: Changing of the Guard  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Changing of the Guard
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:33:09 AM »
Beginning January 18th, 2016, TPIRFan2000 will be your recap guide.

When I first took the position, I informed Chelsea that my main concern involved my availability to continue recapping, seeing as I own a business. Furthermore, some personal matters (not only am I moving and taking a company with me 350 miles, but some additional "issues" - nothing life-threatening or health-related - have come up that I'm not at liberty to discuss with the forum at large) mean that a lot of my free time will be spent transitioning between two cities, two states and two different ways of life. As such, I'm afraid I simply cannot put the time commitment into recapping that I once could.

I informed 2K of this weeks ago, and January 18th seemed to work as a transition point for both our schedules. This was the main reason Chelsea instated 2K as an alternate - how often have you seen an alternate in any position?

I assure you that the only reason for this change involves a crazy personal schedule and has nothing to do with any behind-the-scenes drama or being asked to step down. As far as I know, I'll still be around here and there. I'm not rage-quitting the board or anything like that.

Thanks for understanding.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: Changing of the Guard
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »
I think everyone here at the forum truly understands what you're going through, Torgo, and I do hope that everything will be all right with whatever you're dealing with right now. I wish you the best.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:32:58 PM »
I guess this calls for a little...

*puts on shades*

Teamwork.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Best of luck, sir.   :-)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 01:03:48 PM »
You've done a hell of a job with the recaps, and it's a shame to see you have to step down, although we understand. Good luck with everything! :)
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 07:39:01 PM »
Torgo, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, but I do enjoy your recaps and your sense of humor...even if others don't get it.

Best of luck. Hope everything works out for you. :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:56:01 AM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 07:58:05 PM »
Will miss you, Torgo, in the recaps; thankfully from what I understand you'll be staying on, at least to a degree, on this page. Real life is real life, and obviously has to take a front seat to all this.

Hopefully, your future in other places is as rewarding as where you are now. Here's to a wonderful future, for all parties involved, be it Torgo, or the site's future recapper in Mr. 2000. Life presents us with many challenges, but it is not these challenges we are remembered by, it is how we deal with, at times overcome, said challenges.

This brings about one of my favorite quotes that applies not just to Torgo, but many here, myself included, could and should heed: Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. "Easy" doesn't enter into grown-up life.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:01:06 PM by Prizes »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 12:41:15 AM »
It's a shame you're stepping down. Yet we understand your reason for it. I do hope all will go well for you Torgo. Good luck to you TPIRFan2000 on being the official Recapper come the 18th.