Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/23/2007  (Read 11503 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/23/2007
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 09:35:16 PM »
Make Your Move was the hardest it's been in quite a while.  No combination of prices really jumped out as being correct, and the guesses that had more than one price ending in a 0 both turned out to be wrong.

Tyler was a pretty darn good contestant...very excited to be onstage, and clearly a real fan.  I'm glad he ended up winning the Showcase after that Cover Up loss.

Safe Crackers was pretty simple today as long as you paid attention to the total value of the package.  $5,445 total - $450 for the sunscreen = $4,995 for the spa.

Speaking of Safe Crackers, I can't decide whether the camera transitions during its reveal were interesting or stupid.

I have a hunch that either the show or CBS has decided to temporarily stop airing the ticket plug...I mean, they were clearly still taping it at this point (except for "last" Friday...but that looked like a mistake), and they probably weren't expecting to be completely out of tickets through the end of April in the middle of March.

Yay!  Secret "X" is back...and with a win, to boot!

BobboChung wrote:

Safe Crackers: Easy. I knew the sunscreen was $450.

No, you didn't.  I refuse to believe that you knew how much a random number of bottles of sunscreen cost without help from the total price of the package.

BobboChung wrote:

Cover Up: This game, plus the same Cobalt from Monday, equals FORCED LOSS.

Is it even possible to have a forced loss in Cover Up?  That sounds like it would be pretty hard to set up.

BobboChung wrote:

An understandably boring show today

What the hell episode were you watching?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 11:05:08 PM »
Uh, Steve, you did it again. You referred to the Cover Up player as Tyler, not Brian.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 11:19:26 PM »
Yes...yes, I did.  Got a couple of thoughts crossed up.

But Bobbo, I want to know something:  How is it that you can post two picky corrections to my comments in two days, yet you've never responded to any of the fifteen billion times Frank or I have pointed out one of the large holes in your illogic?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 11:59:31 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6677

Showcase #1: Price Station Zero
Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream - Remember October 11, 2004?  From that date until today, TPIR has not offered that.  Some people say it is still $525.  Rebecca Mary modeled it the last time.
MCF Twisted Diamond/Gold Ring - $2,000
Catalina 250 Wing Keel Sailboat - $32,170

Showcase #2
Yet another Broyhill Living Room with Carpet One Carpeting - Let's see...we've had Good Housekeeping, we've had Liz Claiborne, but we have not offered Lee's before.  The living room is $7,508.
Rossignol His/Hers Ski Equipment - $1,886
Yamaha Snowmobile - The only other Yamaha snowmoblie offered in 2007 was the Phaser, but we have not offered the Venture Lite anywhere in the past.  That snowmobile is $7,998.

Modeling Report Card for March 23, 2007
Score to beat:  $88,928

If Shane can model at least $23,084 on Monday, it will be a $20,000,000 dream come true!  All five of her shows this week were above that.  Keep your fingers crossed.

At the end of week #392K
Highest modeling total - $88,928 (Phire Dawson, Wednesday)
Lowest modeling total - $6,813 (Phire Dawson, Friday)
Broyhill furniture plugs - 4

Brandi Sherwood - $287,753 (46 prizes)
Shane Stirling - $210,349 (45 prizes)
Phire Dawson - $193,718 (41 prizes)

Yeah!  We've gotten 24 prizes and three groceries worth $108,548.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 12:42:09 AM »
MYM: Like others have said, This game was cruisin' for a loss.

Roll: Impressive win.

Safe: Horrendous camera work. Good win. Easy or not, $450 sounded very logical. BRANDI AND PHIRE....ROWR!!!;-)

1RP: There's no way that Day Bed couldn't been it.

Secret X: IT'S BACK!!! and it's won, too.

Cover: The price was KILLER!!!

Showcases: Tyler does very well after another KILLER boat showcase claims another.

3-star wraps up the week.

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 07:12:26 AM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Safe Crackers- Brandi and Phire in swimsuits... at the same time?! Nice! I'm thinking djsquare will like that. ;-)

tpirfan28 wrote:
I agree with both of you.....screencapped for your pleasure. :)

LOL! yeah heels, you're right! And when I saw safecrackers and Phire showing a spa, I knew Brandi would come out in a swimsuit to show the second prize!!!

And thanks for that picture tpirfan!