Author Topic: A place for hosting my own PIR  (Read 2074 times)

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
A place for hosting my own PIR
« on: March 20, 2019, 07:17:40 AM »
Is there any place where I can host my own Price is Right game? I'm planning to do it on quite a few weeks. You can delete this comment if it's not necessary for thi section. But can someone tell me what section it is where I can host my own game?

Online tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: A place for hosting my own PIR
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:28:46 AM »
There used to be a forum in the Play Along section of the board, but that was closed down a few years ago due to a lack of interest. I hope the higher-ups can revive it because If they do I would be honored to be a contestant!  :-)
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline barkerfan05

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
I really hope they do! Thank for the information! And, if they brought that back, you'll be a contestant on my first show!   

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »
We shut down HYO a few years back because it was becoming a plague on the site.  Not only was interest dwindling, especially among members who hosted really high quality shows, but it was becoming a haven for trolls who didn’t read (or did read but ignored) the rules and tried to start their own shows without permission.  We also had those who did nothing else on the site but play HYO, and there’s nothing productive about that.

As awesome as HYO was in its heyday, I think the forum as a whole has benefited greatly from its closure.  Perhaps it’s just a coincidence, but trolling across the board has decreased substantially from what it was before.  There are other reasons for that too (less bickering and drama, etc.), but I can’t help but think HYO shutting down has played a part in it, too.

There may still be hope for HYO to return some day, but we’ll have to figure out a much different way to implement it to prevent it from becoming a cesspool again, like only allowing forum staff to create the threads for each show, similar to how our Recap section works.  And that’s just the start.

I don’t really see this thread going anywhere productive, plus it doesn’t belong in this section, so...

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker