Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 368787 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #720 on: January 27, 2021, 01:27:44 AM »
On Tuesday, 11 AM was 4643 and 12 PM was 4644, which means two episodes were skipped between 4602 and 4643.

Actually it was just one (4625).  You might be factoring in 4633, which was skipped outright within the regular cycle. 

As of 1 AM Eastern on 01/27/2021, they're airing 4673.  Currently, with the announcement of new episodes starting at 10 AM Eastern on 02/02/2021, I'm not sure what to expect from 3 AM to 10 AM next Tuesday.  I was able to figure out that if they continued skipping the episodes from Saturday's Marathon within the current cycle, they'll loop back to the beginning on Thursday at 11 PM.  From there if they aired their first 100-episode cycle without any skips that would result in 4791 airing at 2 AM on 02/02.

By 2 AM on 01/27 there are still 7 episodes left from Saturday's Marathon that might get skipped.  However, if they decide not to skip those, it will result in the first 100-episode cycle ending within the 9 AM hour on February 2nd, just in time for the next 30 to start at 10 AM EST.  Furthermore, if they end up airing episodes 4701, 4722, 4743, 4751, 4753, 4755, and 4781, then at 6 AM EST on Friday, we should loop back to 4581 one last time.

I don't know or think they air those seven, and if they don't, I guess there will be 7 hours to figure out before they get to the Drunken Models Episode

"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #721 on: January 27, 2021, 08:56:56 AM »
And about time they will finally release a batch of new episodes (even though it will be 30), that should take it barring no skips to 4851D (as well as fill in the gray shading of some of the episodes).
I'm curious as to how accurate the non-gray shaded line-ups matched up to the actual episode airings on Pluto TV. Were there any errors or were all line-ups we had correct with what was posted on the calendar?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #722 on: January 27, 2021, 09:58:33 AM »
It looks like Pluto aired a couple of gray shaded line-ups, and I think one of them were a match, while the other one had 5 out of 6 out of place.  As for the non-gray shaded line-ups, whatever was listed on Scorpz page was correct

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #723 on: January 27, 2021, 06:43:14 PM »
There seems to be this idea that the gray-shaded lineups have a reasonable chance of being right.  There's no reason at all to think that -- I literally just took the games for those episodes and listed them in a plausible order.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #724 on: January 28, 2021, 11:59:38 AM »
As I recall, we got two lineups corrected, and both of them were way off. One was pretty early on in the rotation, and I forget when the other one came in.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #725 on: February 01, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »
Actually it was just one (4625).  You might be factoring in 4633, which was skipped outright within the regular cycle. 

As of 1 AM Eastern on 01/27/2021, they're airing 4673.  Currently, with the announcement of new episodes starting at 10 AM Eastern on 02/02/2021, I'm not sure what to expect from 3 AM to 10 AM next Tuesday.  I was able to figure out that if they continued skipping the episodes from Saturday's Marathon within the current cycle, they'll loop back to the beginning on Thursday at 11 PM.  From there if they aired their first 100-episode cycle without any skips that would result in 4791 airing at 2 AM on 02/02.

By 2 AM on 01/27 there are still 7 episodes left from Saturday's Marathon that might get skipped.  However, if they decide not to skip those, it will result in the first 100-episode cycle ending within the 9 AM hour on February 2nd, just in time for the next 30 to start at 10 AM EST.  Furthermore, if they end up airing episodes 4701, 4722, 4743, 4751, 4753, 4755, and 4781, then at 6 AM EST on Friday, we should loop back to 4581 one last time.

I don't know or think they air those seven, and if they don't, I guess there will be 7 hours to figure out before they get to the Drunken Models Episode

2/1 at 11 AM was 4742 and 12 PM was 4743. Since there are two skipped episodes between then and 4791, it's lined up perfectly for new episodes to start right after the next airing of 4791.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #726 on: February 01, 2021, 02:20:05 PM »
Did pool tables serve a different function in the 1980s? It seems like every time one is a prize, the plan for modeling it consists entirely of Dian sitting on the table.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #727 on: February 02, 2021, 04:15:48 PM »
Just saw a car win on Switcheroo on one of the "new" episodes. Did they always use the clangs in this game? I don't believe I've seen any other wins in this game on Pluto.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #728 on: February 03, 2021, 07:15:35 AM »
The way Bob is handling the malfunctioning Temptation scoreboard on this episode like nothing at all is wrong just reminds me of how Bob was so great at what he did...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #729 on: February 03, 2021, 08:43:11 AM »
I haven't seen very many of the new batch of episodes yet, but Bob has been a bit cringeworthy a couple of times.  Once, in conversation with the audience, referring to "this overweight woman over here" and he was quite obviously angry with a player who didn't understand Blank Check.  (It did take a long time to play).

That being said, I still love watching these old episodes.  I continue to be impressed with the number of jukeboxes, player pianos, and organs that show up as prizes.  And dry sink stereos (a thing I had never heard of).

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #730 on: February 03, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »
There have been a lot of controversial moments.  Speaking of Blank Check, the comment made about "showing the women how to play the game" upon the first guy to play it probably doesn't get said today.

Love the old episodes overall & have no plans to stop while their on.  Most of the stuff isn't too bad as the times as I don't think it Bob meant to be negative.  Doesn't make it right, but different times.

As for the jukeboxes and other prizes, those are underrated.  IMO; I have a car.  Several people do.  Not everyone has a jukebox; others might need a new refrigerator or ceiling fan light

Offline C8

« Reply #731 on: February 03, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »
Oh wow. Never seen the New Card Game premiere until now. What a trip. From Holly kicking Bob's mic out of his hands to the contestant using the ace under the new rules to end up overbidding by $9....its quite something VERY memorable.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #732 on: February 03, 2021, 12:26:09 PM »

That being said, I still love watching these old episodes.  I continue to be impressed with the number of jukeboxes, player pianos, and organs that show up as prizes.  And dry sink stereos (a thing I had never heard of).

I have to wonder if the large number of pianos and other impractical prizes was being done as a budget saving effort, knowing that the majority of contestants would decline these prizes, so you save the budget without negatively impacting the show by having to setup games to lose.

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #733 on: February 03, 2021, 05:45:25 PM »
I always wonder how many people are going to use those personal airplane prizes.

Offline JediJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #734 on: February 03, 2021, 06:02:51 PM »

If I'm not mistaken all the marathon-related skips took place between Wednesday, January 20th, 2 PM ET and Wednesday, January 27th, 2 AM ET. So it looks like they skipped any marathon episodes that fell within 72 hours before the marathon started and 72 hours after it ended. There are episodes that could have been skipped on both those Wednesdays but weren't, so the 72-hour range seems correct because that means the "skip range" started at 6 AM on the first Wednesday and ended at 6 AM on the second Wednesday.