Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/24/2007 (MG: 05/28/2007)  (Read 23390 times)

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/24/2007 (MG: 05/28/2007)
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »
I guess today was not my lucky day to watch TPIR in it's entirety.....

I missed seeing Squeeze Play and i also missed all the 2nd half including SCSD #2 :cry:

the only games i was able to watch being played were PLINKO and HOLE IN ONE

the rest was just a blur....

( i think i just ruined my LFAT status) :(
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »
Decent lineup, lots of good contestants today.

I would have taken out the 7 in Squeeze Play, for $7856. Very hard setup today. Tahiti is so beautiful, I'd love to go there someday.

Kathleen was really fun, just a good contestant overall. It was great to see her play what was on her shirt. Too bad she didn't win alot, she deserved more. I loved how she released the chips too.

Alena was great too. Even though she didn't get all the products in the right position, she still shot the ball 4 spots up, which is good. It was great to see her jump around the stage after winning.

Race Game was a bit weird. It was different to see Bob not have to explain the rules, as Christopher already knew them. Then when the jukebox malfunctioned, I had a feeling that all the prices were on their right prizes, and I was right.

I thought Melinda won that fifth one-bid with the patio heater. I thought it was $599 for some reason. Oh well.

Jerry didn't look like he understood Money Game. When he picked 35, I believed he had it won. But it was behind 45. I guess the front and back method didn't happen this time, the corner to corner did.

I picked $5230 for the sauna. I was sure she had lost that! The barrel sauna they have is $5245 or something like that, right? I figured this sauna would be close in price, but I guess not.

Wow, I thought Patrick had bid pretty well on his showcase. After Kati had left a difference of $1416 on her's, I knew she had won though.

Best Contestants- Kathleen and Alena

Showcase #1- $21,000
Difference- $9344

Showcase #2- $24,000
Difference- $1310

Offline alumniseason35

• 9/19/06
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »
Great show today - good to catch it during the holiday weekend

Squeeze Play: Tough set up; seemed odd to put squeeze play first in the line up; not the most exciting game in my opinion.

Plinko: Great contestant; liked how she didn't take an hour (like most contestants we've seen recently) to drop her chip :)

Hole in one (or two) Great playing, although I'd like to see someone finally call Roger out on that friggin dog food; everyone thinks dog food is more expenseive than it really is.  I think we've seen people trip up on the dog food on $5 Grand Game too.

Race Game: Great win and even though he was looking at the audience he kept moving during the game;

Money Game: Tough loss but Jerry didn't really seem to be into the game all that much.  I chuckled as to how Bob "heard someone say 45 in the audience" after he lost....Bob totally is on to how Roger sets this game up :)

Plus his $1 bid earlier could be noted as a "Stupid Bid" in the recap in my humble opinion.

Double Prices: Did anyone else get the impression that Kati didn't really want that sauna :)

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 12:11:33 AM »
We are now in the final 15!!!

Squeeze: I also thought of $7876. My instincts were waylayed again.

Plinko: A $1K payout. I'm sure Kathleen is still grateful for playing her favorite game.

Hole: I'm sure Alena is shelving that '78 Volvo to the nearest auto dump right now. A great and much-deserved win.

Race: Whoever ran the jukebox....WAKE UP!!!! :lol:  :lol: Good win.

Money: Uninspiried playing.

Double: So obvious.

Showcases:
 :gotc: on Showcase #1 for the FRTS. Kati scored very well.

A 3.25-star show.

Offline tomxconn

• 4/16/98
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 12:19:22 AM »
Wow, lots of Georgians (WOOHOO!) in the crowd today.  And can't recall last time 2 Georgians were competing in the showcase!

And thanks to CBS for airing the show so quickly after it was pre-empted last week.
"What would you do with $11,000?"

"I'd get my wife off my back!"

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »
tomxconn wrote:
And thanks to CBS for airing the show so quickly after it was pre-empted last week.

It was kind of necessary -- since it's best for Bob's last aired show to be Bob's last taped show, that was the last day they could air a preempted episode. It's all new until June 15th...

Frank15 wrote:
Did anyone else notice the awkward cut straight from Kati to Patrick in the showcase?  Wonder what happened there....

When Bob announced that there were two Georgians in the showcase, they cut to a close-up of Kati, not realizing that Bob would then introduce each contestant individually afterward. So, as it was done in-studio, the close-up shots went Kati Kati Patrick, which looked weird. So they copied the close-up shot of Patrick that they took in the studio and edited it in again immediately after the first close-up of Kati, to give him equal time.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 07:33:52 PM »
Squeeze Play - Too bad!:-(
Plinko - $1,000.  More than she came with, but still not too good.  She was dressed for the occasion, though.:-)  8 for the mop??:-?  I THINK NOT!!
Hole In One - Dog food after eye drops??:-?  I DON'T THINK SO!  Awesome putts by both Bob and Alena:-)
SCSD1 - I was hoping Alena would win, but oh well.:-(
Race Game - Great win!:-)  Get some strong coffee for whoever works the scoreboard!
Money Game - Tough break!:-(  I don't understand, however, why he picked 85 after 16 seeing as how 16 was not the front of the car.:-?
Double Prices - Nice win!  Kati deserved it after working so hard to get up on stage.:-)
SCSD2 - The one I wanted to win - Kati - won this time.:-)
Showcases - I was glad Kati won her showcase.:-)
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »
HOTTIES: #281, Kati; #282, Alayna; #283, Lauren :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Christopher
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »
Okay, for the past few days, because of my trip there and no online access, I haven't seen and/or recapped this weeks shows. I going to catch up.

Squeeze Play: Yet again. I wanted to take out the 7 and it was once again the middle number 5.

$50,000 Plink-lo: When you have a low amount, you might feel desperate enough to put it straight down the middle for the 10000.

Hole in One... or Two: I thought I was okay with the Act mouthwash since it wasn't the Oasis. Right about that but still wrong. Those putts were just wonderful.

Race Game: Christopher's glances kinda irked me a little. But the big irking was when I saw that 1 and wanted to make some more changes. I thought those were right myself. This takes me back to that Bonkers incident a while back.

Money Game: After trying 15, I wanted to try 77, then 45.

Double Prices: For that little sauna? It's got to be $4150.

Showcases: I do not know trailer prices that much, but even my buddy told me that there was no way Patrick's Showcase should cost that much, especially that trailer. He said the DVD Player would be around $200 and the treadmill around $1000 or two. There was no way the trailer was worth the difference of the total. I had to find out from Jacob what the prices were. At least I knew this was a FRTS.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

• Outside in Line
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 01:29:55 AM »
This show was pre-emptted in the mountain time zone and I can't speak about the pacific time zone. Anbody know who lives in the pacfic time zone know if they were affected thank you

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:06 AM »
No, no... it wasn't preempted anywhere nationally.  Least not on the second airing.  Just a local preemption.  Local stations do that sometimes.  Basically means that everyone got to see the show except the people living around your city.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:23 AM »
bob123baker456 wrote:

This show was pre-emptted in the mountain time zone and I can't speak about the pacific time zone. Anbody know who lives in the pacfic time zone know if they were affected thank you

You have no idea what you are talking about.  This episode was aired in full in the Mountain Time Zone.  Twice, in fact.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 03:01:44 AM »
The replay was pre-empted in one part of the Mountain Time zone - Denver. There the show was replaced for the day by KCNC's annual broadcast of the Bolder Boulder road race.

Beyond that, as far as we know, it was business as usual nationwide.