Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread  (Read 29971 times)

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
Re: Wheel of Fortune Season 40 (and Celebrity S3) Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2022, 12:48:52 AM »
thanks for assisting me last time. I know the episode was like over a week ago, but I have been looking in the October 3 2022 episode after hearing in the end Pat tells Vanna and that she misses 2 letter in the ep and I cannot find where that happens in the episode. either way it is a funny thing to notice and to think about, but was it edit it out, I would think a clip would be on YouTube at least.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2022, 03:56:50 PM »
It wasn't edited out but it wasn't a major call-out during the sshow. Quite possible 95% of viewers didn't even notice. I only did because of Pat's call-out during the final moments and went back to look for it.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2022, 09:19:00 PM »
I wonder how much caffeine Carla Hall drank before tonight's show. She is just so obnoxious.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2022, 12:36:14 AM »
Celebrity Wheel of Fortune:   Oh god the Bonus puzzles were tough, especially the second one!    I have NOT heard of QUINOA SALAD.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2022, 07:35:01 PM »
Ok, so Pat does not like ketchup on hot dogs. But does that give him the right to act like a jerk?

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2022, 11:15:58 PM »
Well, there was confetti flying on tonight's Celebrity Wheel of Fortune for musician Joel Madden. He missed out on the $1 Million in the first half Bonus Round, but he got the PICKLE JAR in the second half, and cashed in with a $100,000 win. Altogether, he came away with over $195,000 for his charity.
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2022, 01:26:17 AM »
Honestly, both of the Bonus Land puzzles were very difficult.

This season, both of the Million Dollar Bonus Lands (one civilian, one Celebrity) had the RAW DEAL list!   PHRASE/THING/WHAT ARE YOU DOING.   

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2022, 09:29:01 AM »
I believe we are done with Celebrity Wheel of Fortune for this season.   Bonus Land in the Celebrity version was NOT friendly to them this round.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2022, 10:38:36 AM »
I believe we are done with Celebrity Wheel of Fortune for this season.   Bonus Land in the Celebrity version was NOT friendly to them this round.

It's not over yet, Richie. There are still a few more episodes for Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, which includes a holiday episode slated to air on December 6th with Jack Black, Kal Penn, and Sasheer Zamata.

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2022, 02:14:47 PM »
Ok, so Pat does not like ketchup on hot dogs. But does that give him the right to act like a jerk?

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council recently came out in disapproval of adults using ketchup on hot dogs. In a guide to hot dog etiquette, the organization decreed that for those 18 years of age and older, acceptable wiener toppings include mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili.

I also heard on the radio that people who own restaurants in Chicago and they serve hot dogs, there is no ketchup in their restaurants what so ever..   

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2022, 07:07:29 PM »
The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council recently came out in disapproval of adults using ketchup on hot dogs. In a guide to hot dog etiquette, the organization decreed that for those 18 years of age and older, acceptable wiener toppings include mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili.

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council is allowed to have their wrong opinion.  :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2022, 08:28:16 PM »
Tonight's Wheel of Fortune was ugly with a capital U.   That Bonus Puzzle was a real head scratcher.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2022, 12:06:52 AM »
Is it just me or is today's PERSON bonus puzzle just plain awful?   Unless you called the correct letters for that one, you had no freaking shot at it.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Always ready for that prize reveal...
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2022, 09:25:27 AM »
The puzzle YOUTUBER actually had more in common with a 90's bonus puzzle, something I've missed for a while. Despite being a possible CDMA strikeout, this one was okay.

WE LOVE PIZZA was just plain awful.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2022, 10:10:43 AM »
The puzzle YOUTUBER actually had more in common with a 90's bonus puzzle, something I've missed for a while. Despite being a possible CDMA strikeout, this one was okay.

WE LOVE PIZZA was just plain awful.

Oh don't get me started on WE LOVE PIZZA.   My goodness.   I didn't like that puzzle either.   

I'm happy we had a second Million Dollar Bonus Land.   Too bad it was tricky.   I didn't get that one.   BUT that was nothing compared to WE LOVE PIZZA and YOUTUBER.

Bellamie LOVES putting PHRASE a lot as one of the choices opposite THING.   I'm noticing that WHAT ARE YOU DOING is taking a backseat for the Bonus Land menu for the civilian version this season.