Author Topic: If I were the Dob I would put my retirment papers in now.....  (Read 8647 times)

Offline Fade-to-black

• Outside in Line
If I were the Dob I would put my retirment papers in now.....
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:55:45 PM »
Before this show gets cancelled....I do not want to hear from all the Drew Carey apologists because I do not care what you think....he is not going to make the ratings and this show will freefall.  Period end of story

Offline bingocaller1

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: If I were the Dob I would put my retirment papers in now.....
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »
I agree 100% with you!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »
Fade-to-black wrote:
...I do not want to hear from all the Drew Carey apologists because I do not care what you think...

OK, the door is over there. GO!

Meanwhile, how about we give Drew a fair chance? He may not have been the best choice, but he landed it and deserves the opportunity to run with it. Right? OK, then.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »
THANK YOU JOE!!!  Drew has not taped one episode yet.  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Why don't you watch a show before you pass judgement on Drew and give him a chance.

Online urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »

Fade-to-black wrote:
Before this show gets cancelled....I do not want to hear from all the Drew Carey apologists because I do not care what you think....he is not going to make the ratings and this show will freefall.  Period end of story

And we don't care what you think either. Just because you and a small minority of others want to be narrow-minded fanbois and not give the show a chance, don't come around here and post things like that and NOT expect someone to say something.
Period, end of story.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
Before this show gets cancelled....I do not want to hear from all the Drew Carey apologists because I do not care what you think....he is not going to make the ratings and this show will freefall. Period end of story

And I suppose you have more knowledge and experience than top CBS executives?  If they saw something in Drew that convinced them to hire him for the NUMBER ONE DAYTIME TELEVISION PROGRAM, then I think they may have sufficient evidence to conclude that he is the man for the job.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Fade-to-black wrote:

Before this show gets canceled....I do not want to hear from all the Drew Carey apologists because I do not care what you think....he is not going to make the ratings and this show will freefall.  Period end of story

:headbang:

{Loose translation:  don't let the door hit you on the way out!)  :-x

Seriously, whether some people like it or not, I WILL make my second journey to see "The Price is Right" in person; I'm one of those who is willing to give Mr. Carey a chance to see how he fares hosting the show.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
Drew deserves a fair chance before deciding whether or not he's a good host.  Drew will never be the host Bob was but that doesn't mean Drew will be bad.  Just because Bob will no longer be the host doesn't mean the show will be cancelled.  Drew can do a good job, and I hope he does.  No one knows how how he will affect ratings just because of what has been said about him.  It must wait until after he tapes at least one show.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
Even though I heard bad things about Drew when he was doing his first taping of Power of 10, I still have some hope in his hosting ability for Price.  Whoever got the job as host would have big shoes to fill.  The new host was never going to be like Bob Barker, so I still have hope that Drew will carve his own niche in Price history, find an audience, and keep the show alive for a long time.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 05:44:42 PM »
Fade-to-black wrote:

I want back the 15 seconds it took me to read that waste of a post.

Things are hectic enough around here right now as it is; we don't need people randomly showing up and writing premature obituaries that haven't even had any thought put into them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »

urbanpreppie0004 wrote (to Fade-to-black):
And we don't care what you think either. Just because you and a small minority of others want to be narrow-minded fanbois and not give the show a chance, ...

Let's not brand people with that term, OK? The majority doesn't agree with him, but that doesn't give us the right to call him names, nor the right to exclude his view.

In other words, leave that term to another board. Let's have some sense of decorum here.

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 06:27:11 PM »
I know I don't post here very often, however I am really starting to get tired of all of these negative comments and I just can't keep my fingers from typing away.
The man hasn't even started taping Price yet and everyone is saying the show is in the crapper. Come on people, as mentioned by another member of this site, do you really think CBS would let the show die without trying to replace the host?

The next thing you know is someone is going to post a comment with the subject "It's the end of days Drew is one of the seven signs"

Relax people.....The new season starts next month lets wait for the first week of shows to air before we start passing judgement on someone.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »
I think it's really unlikely that the season is going to start in September.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa...

At least respect the guy's opinion.  (Like the majority, I don't agree with the OP's thoughts.  However, the responses by some of the better people around here could have had some more civility.)  Yes, telling Dob to get his retirement papers prepped is a bit extreme.  At the same time, the more respected people around here shouldn't sink to that level.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 08:08:27 PM »
I think they should restrict the posting privileges of Mr. Fanboi aka Fade to black. Anotherwards, posting manure(which what he did qualifies as such) without any real reasoning behind it

Thank you!