Author Topic: Check Game being considered for retirement?  (Read 6596 times)

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Check Game being considered for retirement?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »
Well, ClockGameJohn has alluded to Barker's Marker$ either getting retired or being renamed in another thread.

Yes, I know CGJ said that in another thread.  And, based on his careful selection of words, it appeared Barker's Markers (the game) would be staying but the title would not.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:18:22 PM by PIR85 »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 10:13:37 PM »
C'mon Steve... don't just leave it at that.  Elaborate, please.

I wouldn't even feel right telling you that much if John hadn't already said it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 10:52:29 PM »
Yes, I know CGJ said that in another thread.  And, based on his careful selection of words, it appeared Barker's Markers (the game) would be staying but the title would not.

I do wonder why they'd bother to rename Markers but not Bargain Bar. Maybe they still have the Make Your Mark sign from TNPIR'94 sitting around and want to use it or something.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 11:53:00 PM »
I was once thinking about what would happen to Barker's Markers post-Bob. I drew (No pun intended) a new board with a new name in MS paint. The game was renamed "3 out of 4." The board functioned similar to Bonus Game, with lighted check marks next to the prices. It fit on the turntable, which I've read is desirable for the crew.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 04:25:39 AM »
Well, I don't want to see Check Game retired; it's always funny to see contestant's who "think" they know how to play the game botch it.  As far as "Barker's Markers" goes, I figured it would simply be changed to "Make Your Mark", like in TNPIR '94
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »
I gotta think Check is gonna stay...especially now since the running joke is that "no one knew how to play the game with Bob...but EVERYONE knows how to play it with ME!"

I would think the game that is "possible" for the chopping block is a game that runs long, since the show is strapped for time.  The only game I could think of is Spelling Bee.  But then there's Markers...
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
As far as "Barker's Markers" goes, I figured it would simply be changed to "Make Your Mark", like in TNPIR '94

I don't think "Make Your Mark" is a good name. It can easily be confused with Make Your Move. We've already got the mishmashing of One Right Price and One Wrong Price.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline canada

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 03:51:12 PM »
I'd say that this has now been confirmed to not be the case!