Author Topic: CSS Results for May 21  (Read 1543 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 21
« on: May 21, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »
THE END OF THE REGULAR CSS SEASON IS UPON US!!!

Today was the final playing of CSS in the regular season. Tomorrow, the playoffs begin. Everyone should still keep playing, but certain players will be given advantages onto their totals after two weeks. This all depends on the leaderboard standings that sideshowPA has promised to post sometime tonight, and there may be a bit of a shake-up after today's playing.

PriceFanArmadillo reminded me with his bids that I have tripled values for the last playing of the regular season in the past, which I have. So I did it again. Then things got interesting.

First showcase was a seemingly random assortment of not-very-expensive prizes (MacBook, digital camera, range) and then the Catalina 25' Yacht. This is the most expensive boat offered in daytime at $38,909 according to Jacob Wilkey's last price recap when it appeared back in January. Many people seemed to think it was still in the $32K range like it was last year (the price went up about $6K this year), some people just seemed to think it was an oversized West Wight Potter.

Then there's me. I DSWd. PriceFan985 came pretty close, and GoldenBulldog posted a nice difference too.

Second showcase: Ye olde dining room with china, electric piano, and hot tub. Some overbids, a garf or two, heelsrule1988 misses a DSW by $2! But Frank15 DSWs very nicely with a $52 difference.

So there you have it. Top two, cash winners of $188,256 each, and over 525 points each: Frank15 and I! :biggrin: Let's see where THAT puts things in the standings!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 21, 2008 -- Game 145

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for May 21
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »
I guess if there was any time to get out of my slump, now was the time to do it. The key will be to keep this up for the next couple of weeks. I sure hope I can.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »
i stormy'd (which is understandable this time as i have a headache) today. the downside is that it will be harder for me to move up the monies board.

until tomorrow for the beginning of the playoffs...
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 03:01:57 PM »

Not the way I wanted to end the regular season. Oh well.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
Woohoo!  I convinced the host to give himself an extra $120,000!

Oh, and boy did I suck today or what?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
I'm pretty satisfied with my performance today!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 07:39:43 PM »
 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Why?
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 02:15:10 AM »
Third time doing the CSS and I really underestimated Catalina boats, enough said.