Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2008  (Read 28927 times)

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2008
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 07:39:18 AM »
There was a Double Overbid in the Showcase. too?  Just perfect for this snore job today.  *faints*
Wait, your calling a show you obviously didn't watch a snore job? Gimme a break.

In Barbara's defense, the online video (for me at least) cut off after the second Showcase Showdown, so there may have been no opportunity to watch it. Give Barbara a break.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 07:43:56 AM »
Quote from: BRB_TheFireball
I don't care that I'm in the 1% who is still holding out hope for the one time that Roger sticks it first.

You'd want to see the first price be the correct one?  That would be like the absolute cruelest trick Roger's ever pulled in any pricing game in history if he ever did that.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »
That's Drew though. If you are looking for an excitable host, he's the wrong guy.

Are we watching the same Drew? I mean, yesterday's show, he looked like he might have been tired or something and just wanted to get through it, but for most of this month Drew has been on top of his game and really got into it.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »
I don't care that I'm in the 1% who is still holding out hope for the one time that Roger sticks it first.  That would thrill me more than Lucky Seven in the 6th slot thrills Frank.  It's not stubbornness or arrogance.  It's conviction.  There is a difference.

On a personal note, I got to be who I am today by being rooted in the belief that the impossible can happen, not by complacence or by just "going along with everybody else".

Dude, Roger already told us he's not going to do it, on the grounds that if he did, "it wouldn't be Push Over."  You're not "sticking with your convictions;" you're making yourself look like a goof.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »
In Barbara's defense, the online video (for me at least) cut off after the second Showcase Showdown, so there may have been no opportunity to watch it. Give Barbara a break.

I don't know...if I remember correctly, Barbara, not too long ago, posted something along the lines of "I didn't watch the show, but with both car games lost, glad I didn't waste my time watching."  I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case again.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »
That was exactly my point. If I'm wrong, though, I'll gladly apologize.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:00:23 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Signatures are overrated.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Wow, was this really taped the same day as last Friday's show?!  Drew was totally off his game today, except, oddly enough, during the Showcase, which he probably hosted better than he ever has.

I agree,  but even if he had been better, poor contestant game strategies, bad audience advice, and very stupid bidding, also brought this episode down to one of the low points of the season.

Joe

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2008, 05:47:56 PM »
I'm surprised to see some comments about the show not being that good today... I thought it was pretty enjoyable. It always amazes me how the shows with few wins end up being really good sometimes.

How can you enjoy a show in which

a) Drew was awful and disinterested
b) None of the contestants stood out
c) Bad gameplay ruled the day
d) Overall had nothing going for it.

It is my opinion that this show ranks quite possibly as the worst episode of the Price is Right ever to be seen.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
It must have been a combination of the four, because I enjoyed this show.  I enjoy many episodes in which none of the contestants stand out.  To me, a good show does not depend on whether the contestants stand out.  Also, I don't think whether or not a show has anything going for it is a factor determining if a show is good.  I enjoyed yesterday's show despite that there was nothing going for it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:19:48 PM by JokerFan »

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »
Well, now that you've told us what doesn't matter to you, may I ask what does matter to you when watching an episode?  What did you like about this show?

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 12:50:49 AM »
I thought Drew did a good job during Golden Road.  Yes, he wasn't the best, but he wasn't near bad either.  As for what I liked about the show, it's more of that I didn't dislike anything.  There was Golden Road, which is a good thing (and an audience entrance!).  Magic # is a favorite of mine, and I enjoyed it.  I like the sound it makes.  I also enjoyed the Showcase themes.  Then there's The Price is Right in general.  It's a wonderful game show, and I have a hard time not liking it.  Based on these likes of mine, I enjoy watching virtually any episode of The Price is Right.
I have gone from occasionally watching Jeopardy! to never watching Jeopardy.  I have recently begun watching Wheel of Fortune every day instead of once in a while.  However, with The Price is Right, I continue to watch it, and don't plan on adjusting my schedule anytime soon.  To me, this means I must find the show to be an extremely good one.  The Price is Right brightens my day, and I am excited to see what the episode brings.
I try not to look for things I dislike, whether about the host, announcer, or contestant.  (This goes for all shows, not just The Price is Right.)  Instead, I look for the good things in the show.  So what did I dislike?  Nothing, because I was concentrated more on the good things the show has to offer.  What matters to me when watching an episode?  Hardly anything--I consider virtually every episode to be good regardless of what goes on in the show.  (To find one of those extremely rare episode in which something does matter to me, you'll just have to wait until I post about it in the daily recap threads.)
Maybe I'm worried that if I find some things I dislike, I'll continue to find more, and that will either cause me to not watch (or occasionally watch) The Price is Right or even become a Drew-hater: two things I dearly hope never happen.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »
I try not to look for things I dislike, whether about the host, announcer, or contestant.  (This goes for all shows, not just The Price is Right.)

I echo this statement, but still feel to report my feelings if a show's episode isn't all that good.  One the + side however, the audience entrance was a first, Golden Road was at least played, and Drew had a better second half in this episode than the first half hour.  Showcase reveals were better than in the past.

Joe

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
Drew making his very 1st audience entrance was the saving grace on this one. He did sound a little bit out of it, but he still did well.

Golden: I went with 1, too.  :-) Sad to see this one lost.  :cry:

Grand: Boy, If that wasn't a Wipeout. I don't know what it could've been.

Magic #: I would've stopped at around $1600. Too bad it was lost.

Push: $4047 is so right.

Dice: Too bad.

Most: I really loved all the models' reveal (especially Rachel's) in this one. Good win.

Showcases: Another Double Overbid. What else can I say?  :-(

A 2-star show.

Offline mmarlin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 10:57:46 PM »
Could have been much worse, Drew could have ran through the audience like Davidson did(at least one time that shows up on Youtube) on TPIR '94. Drew was kind of disinterested in the whole dang gone show though, I dont think he felt good quite frankly. I was very surprised to see Goldie again this season, and the audience entrance was the best part of this show.

Rich acting like a baby at the end(on the Innertube version) was hilarious and Drew trying to find the jib camera was a hoot too. If you haven't seen these 2 parts(if you only watch on TV), check it out before they erase it Monday.