Author Topic: Riddle Me This  (Read 56081 times)

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »
A snowman melted.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
Very good.

They were used by children who made a snowman. The snow has now melted.

Note: These are going to get harder...lolz...Okay, you have until Tuesday, July 22 to solve this one. Good luck.

There were two Americans waiting at the entrance to the British Museum. One of them was the father of the other one's son. How could this be so?
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:21:37 PM »
A snowman melted and that was all that was left.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 08:23:25 PM »
I just updated it styleguy.

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
There were two Americans waiting at the entrance to the British Museum. One of them was the father of the other one's son. How could this be so?

The people waiting were husband & wife (or mother & father, if you please).

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »
The people waiting were husband & wife (or mother & father, if you please).

Correct.

They were husband and wife.

Okay, this one's deadline is Wednesday, July 23. Good luck again!

Not far from Madrid, there is a large wooden barn. The barn is completely empty except for a dead man hanging from the central rafter. The rope around his neck is ten feet long and his feet are three feet off the ground. The nearest wall is 20 feet away. It is not possible to climb up the walls or along the rafters, yet he hanged himself. How did he manage it?

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »
He stood on ice, which melted.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »
He stood on ice, which melted.

He climbed on a block of ice, which has since melted. Very good.

Okay, this one ends on Thursday, July 24. Good luck.

Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones are two businessmen who book into the same hotel for the night. They are given adjacent rooms on the third floor. During the night, Mr. Smith sleeps soundly. However, despite being very tired, Mr Jones cannot fall asleep. He eventually phones Mr. Smith and falls asleep immediately after hanging up. Why should this be so?

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »
Mr. Smith is snoring loudly. By phoning Mr. Smith and waking him up, Mr. Jones could sleep.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 10:52:35 PM »
Well, I feel kinda bad about hogging all these, so here's one:

You're watching traffic go by. A bread truck, two guys on bikes, a school bus, and an old sedan all drive by, going through an intersection and crossing some railroad tracks. Suddenly, you hear that a bank was robbed up the street. What vehicle were the robbers using and how can you tell?
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »
Mr. Smith is snoring loudly. By phoning Mr. Smith and waking him up, Mr. Jones could sleep.

Mr. Jones could not sleep because Mr. Smith was snoring. His phone call awoke Mr. Smith and stopped him snoring long enough for Mr. Jones to sleep.

Good job again JNelson!

Okay, this one is due Friday, July 25. Good luck.

A London cab driver picked up a lady who was a notorious chatterbox. He did not want to engage in conversation, so he pretended to be deaf and dumb. He pointed to his mouth and ears to indicate that he could neither speak nor hear. After she alighted, he pointed to the meter so she could see how much she owed. She paid him and walked off. Then she realized that he could not have been a deaf mute. How did she know?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »
*looks up alighted*

Uh, the fact that he wouldn't have known where to let her off?

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 02:26:50 AM »
You're watching traffic go by. A bread truck, two guys on bikes, a school bus, and an old sedan all drive by, going through an intersection and crossing some railroad tracks. Suddenly, you hear that a bank was robbed up the street. What vehicle were the robbers using and how can you tell?

I'd guess the school bus, because it didn't stop at the railroad tracks. It just blew right on through the intersection. (I'm probably way off; I usually embarrass myself when I try to answer these; perhaps I've been reading the "driving pet peeves" thread too much to answer this correctly :oldlol:)

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »
*looks up alighted*

Uh, the fact that he wouldn't have known where to let her off?

He must have known her initial instructions or he would not have known where to take her.

Good job Punchy!

This next one is over on Saturday, July 26. Good luck!

Mrs. Jones wanted a new house. She very much liked to see the sun shining into a room, so she instructed the builders to construct a house of which all four walls face south. After much thought, the builder managed to erect such a house. How did he do it?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »
It was built on the North Pole.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.