Author Topic: A Tribute to Bob Barker  (Read 5776 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
A Tribute to Bob Barker
« on: November 01, 2006, 03:51:42 AM »
Mods, please feel free to move this topic if I stuck this in the wrong forum.

Anyways, now that we know that Bob Barker is retiring at the end of the season, we can all look back at the wonderful memories he's given us over the years.  All of us, including myself, grew up watching Bob Barker tease contestants and deal with pricing game "glitches".  I'm still very emotional about it right now; words cannot express how I feel at the moment.

I made a YouTube slideshow to pay tribute to Bob Barker's legacy.  Enjoy...
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: A Tribute to Bob Barker
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:33:59 AM »
He hasn't passed on, this reminded me more of a in memory of than a tribute.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »

Patchy wrote:
He hasn't passed on, this reminded me more of a in memory of than a tribute.

The problem is that the two aren't really _that_ dissimilar.  I mean, think:  We're losing him, as if he were going away in death.  It's not like we're a part of his private life.

That's why there is some grieving among TPiR fans today.  But, as I got done saying in e-mail, let's remember why and smile at all those memories.

Let all such tears be those of joy.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 01:30:55 PM »
I had "The Price is Right" on the brain when I made this video.  At the time, I felt as if we're losing a television legend.  

The pics of Bob in the video represent some of his more funnier moments, especially his encounters with Samoans.  To me, Bob will always stand out as one who LOVED to stall reveals, teasing the contestants in the process.  

In a way, I made this video as a way to tell Bob just how loved he truly is by his fans around the world.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 02:36:25 PM »
I liked the video personally. Yes, it was somber, but a lot of us are feeling somber right now. As Starcade put it, Bob isn't personally a part of our lives. We have been blessed to share an hour a day, 175-200 days a year, with him via television. And that era is about to come to a close.

Thank you for sharing the video, GB.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
Thank you Bulldog, that was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 04:16:07 PM »
Great Job Bully! Now that you mention it, it did seem as if he had died. At least, that was how I felt watching it. I didnt mean for this post to be insulting or mean.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »

tpiradam wrote:
Great Job Bully! Now that you mention it, it did seem as if he had died. At least, that was how I felt watching it. I didnt mean for this post to be insulting or mean.

Nah, you weren't being mean there.  The video's intention was to celebrate Bob's legacy hosting "The Price is Right".  His legacy will be remembered for many generations.

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 10:42:55 PM »
Great job. That was a good tribute to Bob.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 12:17:55 AM »
I loved it. 'Nuff said.

Seeing those pics and the videos makes me yet again realize why I've been a huge fan of the show for the last 21 of my 25 years on the planet.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »

Paul Reich wrote:
I loved it. 'Nuff said.

Seeing those pics and the videos makes me yet again realize why I've been a huge fan of the show for the last 21 of my 25 years on the planet.

And me for the last 25 of my 27
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 01:27:58 AM »
21 of my almost 27 for me. (Or more likely 19...I don't think I was watching anything other than Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers in 1985...yet I remember the original Balance Game, so I'll stick with 21) LOLBADMEMORY

Very nice tribute.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 11:18:04 PM »
Let me see, I've been watching "The Price is Right" since I was six years old, back in 1988.  I'm 24 now, so that means I've been watching the show for 18 years now.

Offline Roadgeek

• In the Audience
    • Home of Carolina Circle Mall
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 11:28:34 PM »
My earliest memories of TPIR date back to 1993 or 1994 when I was about 4. I remember watching the Doug Davidson version.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »

Roadgeek wrote:
I remember watching the Doug Davidson version.

Oh brother!  :roll: