Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Jeopardy! Post-Alex Discussion Post

<< < (2/103) > >>

JayC:
Nice to see the show getting back to studio and getting started on its next era. As much as we'll miss Alex, it's exciting to see how Ken will do hosting and who the other interim hosts will be and who ultimately gets the job.

It would've been fitting for Alex's final episode to air on Christmas day but with the possible preemptions the week of Christmas and New Years it makes sense to hold off on his last week until after the holidays.

SeaBreeze341:
I agree that it would've been fitting to have had Alex's final episode air on Christmas.  However, I do like how it'll be delayed until 2021 (not pushed back into February sweeps but right after the holidays).  As mentioned, the annual NBA quintuple header for Christmas Day would impact several people.  Plus, Christmas Eve occupied with their (and other families') last minute stuff, Church, dinner, etc.

I wasn't sure if they would've held off starting production until Season 38, but that's way too much of Season 37 to void.  Chances are that a permanent replacement will not be made official until next fall.  I don't have a problem with Ken as host.  I think it makes the most sense to have Jeopardy start with Jennings.  Given the struggles with getting a permanent host for TPIR and Family Feud that worked, I think Jeopardy will be okay going forward with their final decision.  If not, they could get someone else, but at the end of the day, they'll get someone that, while not as great as Trebek, will be the man or woman slated to become the face of Jeopardy for years to come

jhc2010:

--- Quote from: thepriceis_J on November 23, 2020, 09:39:07 PM ---Given Mike's aspirations and experience, I also wouldn't be surprised to see him take a turn behind the lectern.
--- End quote ---
I agree about Mike Richards. If Vegas was taking odds on the next permanent host, he would have to be near the top of the odds list. On Twitter, Neil deGrasse Tyson's name keeps getting thrown around but he said in September that he is not considering it. Levar Burton is another name that keeps getting mentions on Twitter as a possible replacement.

Casey:

--- Quote from: gamesurf on November 23, 2020, 09:23:39 PM ---I'm very uneasy with Ken as a potential host--he's going to be very polarizing

--- End quote ---
I would sure love to know what is so “very polarizing” about Ken Jennings?

PatrickRox80:

--- Quote from: Casey on November 24, 2020, 11:23:35 AM ---I would sure love to know what is so “very polarizing” about Ken Jennings?

--- End quote ---

Ken was the first champ to take full advantage of the sky's the limit rule. You have to admit, though, he knows his stuff. I for one am intrigued to see how well he'd do hosting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version