Author Topic: The Same Woman In The Same Seat Every Day  (Read 675 times)

Offline Billy Dee

• Outside in Line
The Same Woman In The Same Seat Every Day
« on: March 01, 2024, 07:39:35 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and have a question.

First off, I'm not sure if this is in the right place so I apologize if it isn't.

Okay, Game TV here in Canada has recently started showing The Price Is Right with Bob Barker daily.  The shows I've seen so far are from '81/'82.

My question(s) is/are:  In every episode I've watched there is a woman sitting at the right end, (the onscreen right end), of contestant's row. She's there in every episode, different clothes on different days but sometimes a few days in a row with the same clothes.

Is she an employee?  An usher?  IRS agent?  My curiosity is strong about this.

Today I had the thought that it seems strange that Bob never mentions her being there all the time because he often picks up on people in the audience.

Does anyone know who/what she is?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 09:48:34 PM by Billy Dee »

Online Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: The Same Woman In The Same Seat Every Day
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 11:47:43 PM »
Back when Pluto started showing these episodes, there was a thread that asked the same question. That would be Gina. She was a show employee they placed there to guide the contestants in Contestants' Row during each act that they did not win. After a while it became common knowledge on what to do between acts, so the show felt they no longer needed someone doing that task. Gina stayed with the show for a very long time after that and retired at the end of last season.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Billy Dee

• Outside in Line
Re: The Same Woman In The Same Seat Every Day
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 10:05:38 AM »

Thank you very much for the info and links.

My mind is now resting easily, lol.