Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/20/2008  (Read 49275 times)

Offline elonpuckhog

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/20/2008
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »
Did anyone noticed that Tarrah said "Higher, Bob" when she was guessing on the lotion, but then corrected herself to say "Lower, Drew" for the other guess?

I did!  I was kind of surprised Drew didn't say ANYTHING about it, but it may have been edited out.  There were numerous edits in this game - I thought I had missed something when the dice ended back in the cup again.

Drew: A range and muffins!  Finally, two products that go together.  It's a miracle.  I thought that was hilarious!

I also liked the banjo one-bid, I think that has to be Drew's favorite prize.

When I read the recap for the rest of the show, and I saw the $2 Million bid, I went "WHA????????"  I watched the video of all of Joseph's bids.  It looks to me like during OB1 or OB2 that he realizes he knows nothing and just decides to make jokes.  Not that I'm excusing what he did, but to me, it didn't appear that he came looking to crack jokes the whole time.  Again, I think his bids were WAAYY out of line and not funny, but I dont think he went in intending to bid those prices.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:11:09 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 06:44:22 PM »
I smell Cream Of Joseph on this week's installment of The Soup.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
A mostly average show with the only big negative being the presence of two awful games, Step Up and Pick-A-Number, in the same lineup.

I disagree that Joseph's $2,000,000 bid can be called a Stupid Bid.

Really.

If anything, it was a Burn-At-The-Stake-Ridiculously-Kamikaze Bid.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 08:02:19 PM »
There is nothing more to be said about this disrespectful and moronic contestant.

Did you see/hear this somewhere or is this your opinion (which is probably what will actually happen)?

According to Willy Tynan, yes, this show has been selected never to be rerun again.  As far as I'm concerned, a good job there by whoever did that.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
I smell Cream Of Joseph on this week's installment of The Soup.
An entire segment of The Soup could be devoted to Joseph.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »
According to Willy Tynan, yes, this show has been selected never to be rerun again.  As far as I'm concerned, a good job there by whoever did that.

Was this from one of the show's staff or was it from somebody/somewhere else?

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »
OK guys...that's enough of the Stan-bashing, especially from those of you who have NEVER made the pilgrimage to 7800.  He has an IMMENSELY TOUGH JOB trying to literally "weed out" nine from about 325.  And I guarantee this moron gave no signs whatsoever that he was going to pull this stunt.    If this is his only hickey in over four years of selecting contestants, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him have an absolute pass.

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 08:34:08 PM »
"I disagree that Joseph's $2,000,000 bid can be called a Stupid Bid.

"Really."

You had me at "Really" until this...

"If anything, it was a Burn-At-The-Stake-Ridiculously-Kamikaze Bid."

Thank goodness I was at the food bank volunteering today. May I suggest that we keep the chatroom clean of the language tomorrow (5/21) for both shows.  As for Joseph, if I was CBS, he wouldn't deserve the lighted birdbath and the years' supply of Don Francisco Univision coffee...he'd be banned for such a seriously stupider than thou bid.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline Modor

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
OK guys...that's enough of the Stan-bashing, especially from those of you who have NEVER made the pilgrimage to 7800.  He has an IMMENSELY TOUGH JOB trying to literally "weed out" nine from about 325.   ...
This is far from the first moron he's picked.

Joseph is simply the most "memorable".

Considering you're not a mod. on this subforum, I don't think you're in a position to tell us that we need to cease discussion on a certain topic.

I also resent the fact you think you're more informed than those of us who haven't made the trip out to LA.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:12:17 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline KWM

• Outside in Line
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 09:08:20 PM »
If anyone deserved to be be stripped naked,doused head-to-toe in honey in a room with say..2 million bees it'd be Joesph.  :lol:

Being whooped by MiMi would be nice too!!!    :oldlol:

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »
Considering you're not a mod. on this subforum, I don't think you're in a position to tell us that we need to cease discussion on a certain topic.

I also resent the fact you think you're more informed than those of us who haven't made the trip out to LA.

You have no idea as to how many times Willy has gone to tapings and made careful observations of people waiting in line.  Also, judging from one of his previous avatars, he has had the opportunity to go backstage and he is good friends with Marc and John, who are well-informed of what happens during a particular show from inside sources, and they pass that information on to him.

Just because Willy is not a moderator in the First-Run TPIR section of this site does not mean he is one to disrespect like that.  Willy is giving us a thoughtful point about giving Stan the benefit of the doubt and suggests we move on and talk about other aspects of the show before this thread gets derailed and turns into a Stan-bashing fest.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:15:36 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline ClassicG

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
I'm going to reverse my classic trademark and remark on Joseph's terribly embarrassing, revolting, disgraceful one-bids which have utterly destroyed any hope of this episode being rerun for syndication. If all my past funny moments and homages were Drew Drops, then this one's the Drew Dropper. What he did to the show, he destroyed every last ounce of his own self-redemption. He was just there for show - humiliation, that is. Even Carey said it to Joseph after bidding $2 million: "You want it, you got it."

I'm going to contact a member of CBS and see if whether today's telecast will be banned from syndication should GSN or any other network plan to re-air the first year of the Drew era.

And, now that this has happen, what's gonna happen to future contestants when they get called before the show goes on air?

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »
I have to side with Modor here, as lately it seems as if someone in the contestant selection process has been "sleeping at the wheel".   The past 2 days shows havent bolded well for Stan for various reasons.   As contestant choice man, the buck stops with him  so to speak.  

Same thing in my classroom..Im responsible for my students..as well as the welfare of the other students on school property as a teacher-adult.   ''

We arent "bashing Stan" , we are stating a disturbing trend this past week.   Ive been to the show 4 times, and appeared.so Ive been to 7800..so to speak....lol

Its hard to face it when a friend or family member has had a bad streak going (I love Stan like a good friend-or distant relative)...he is a great guy and normally great at his job ..BUT..for this past week,,,,we have had a few "head-shaking moments, head-cases in contestants row."

Keith
4-10-08

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 09:21:23 PM »
All right, enough bashing of one another!  We're here to discuss what happened today (5/20), and to be honest, I'm frankly sick and tired of bashing (in no particular order whatsoever) Stan Blits, Freemantle North America, the Columbia Broadcasting System (or CBS) and fellow members of the board.

All we are is doing this:

If this does not stop, I just might ask ClockGameJohn, Joe_Capitano or another mod to close this thread down.  We're supposed to discuss what happened every weekday (and the frequent MDS) of the events.  Now I wasn't here as I usually am this day (5/20), and from reading this thread about what happened in the chat room when Joseph made that $2 million bid, quite frankly, I would have been embarrassed to be a member of this community.  Mercifully, the episode won't be repeated again on CBS and on the online sites at CBS.com, Veoh and Fancast among others, it will fade away when the showing expires a week from now.  Let's behave like grown-up humans, not poo-flinging monkeys from now on...mmmmkay?

EDIT: The statement above was not meanty in any way to make me look like a backseat mod at all, they were my opinions.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:35:42 PM by phunguy »
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 09:28:47 PM »
Way to be a backseat moderator, phunguy... :roll: Let's refrain from being one.

Seriously though, Stan does have a very tough job. Sometimes contestants don't act the same way as they do on interviews. Let's cut him some slack.

Edit: Opinions are fine, phunguy. Just be careful about telling other posters how to conduct themselves.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:59:18 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won