Author Topic: 2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT  (Read 19681 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2 Hour Prime Time Special to air 9/30, 9-11PM EDT/PDT
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2021, 09:10:02 PM »

Well, I doubt it's going to be two hours with 12 pricing games and three SCSDs. My assumption is that it's going to be jam packed with clips and honestly, I'd rather them have time to show plenty of clips and interviews then to have to squeeze in as many as they can fit with the half hour format. So, I don't think I'm going to mind the hour long format with clips. It also means that unlike other retrospective specials, this one can actually feature the big wheel.

You mean 4 SCSD's.....3 would not work lol. And I agree, plus again allows much more time for gameplay as well, in theory anyway. I wonder if Drew wanted it this way or not, given other specials (30th anniversary aside) did the half hour format.

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2021, 10:12:02 PM »
I think it's possible we get two separate hour-long things; a one-hour retrospective on the show's 50 year legacy and then a separate hour where we play the actual show as we normally would in primetime. I don't think it'll be too long if they treated it as two one hour things and not one two hour event. I doubt we get Bob outside clips, but I don't think we need an appearance by him to cement this occasion.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2021, 10:30:24 PM »
This would actually make the most sense.  I imagine they would do the one-hour retrospective first and the real one second.  There is plenty of context from a half-century of Price, but I think TPTB would be able to fit much of that into the premiere week in lieu of a two-hour show.  Really, they could throw in clips of past seasons throughout the entire season.

I personally have no problem with people wishing Bob would make a cameo, but like several, it's a no-go.  I agree he doesn't need to show up to validate anything.  A mention is more than enough.  At least most people know what he's done and meant to the show
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsuALUsGbR/

Models are doing microphone handoffs again….per Rachel’s Instagram

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2021, 10:57:55 PM »
I'm sorry, I think you're misinterpreting what "live" means. You can currently and have for a while stream your local CBS station and other CBS services via the CBS app and Paramount+. Price episodes have been available on these platforms as well. I see nothing changing. That is standard verbiage in any show press release these days.

One of the Prime Time Specials this season was never made available on Paramount+. It was the one with Tiffany Haddish.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 11:11:55 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsuALUsGbR/

Models are doing microphone handoffs again….per Rachel’s Instagram

Notice the gold doors behind her too.....permanent color change? I like it.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2021, 02:39:55 AM »
Those appear to be the same doors we've had for several seasons now (albeit with a new logo that has yet to be revealed). It's possible they have a fresh coat of paint but the color doesn't look any different to me.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2021, 07:02:27 AM »
Those appear to be the same doors we've had for several seasons now (albeit with a new logo that has yet to be revealed). It's possible they have a fresh coat of paint but the color doesn't look any different to me.

I take it back, didn't realize it, mea culpa on my part.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »
sorry no.

and probably no one else agrees with you
Good talk.

I know two hours straight of Price works for a lot of diehard fans that spend hours upon hours marathoning old episodes, but as someone that doesn't like binge watching anything, I just feel like the special will have so much padding and celebrate 50 years with a lot of the same stuff we've seen time and time again. Remember, the special has to appeal to a general audience, not just the 35 active GR users.

I don't want there to not be a special, but I probably won't enjoy it that much.

But go ahead and stay salty.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Vgmastr

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »
One benefit to doing a two hour show with clips/interviews mixed between the segments vs a one hour show and a one hour retrospective is you can basically do any lineup of games you want without needing to worry about timing.  Imagine a lineup of Golden Road/Plinko/Any Number/Punch-a-Bunch/Three Strikes/Cliff Hangers.  You could essentially do an hour and fifteen minute show with 45 minutes of retrospective minus commercials.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2021, 03:08:16 PM »
I'm guessing a Bob appearance.

Bob is almost 98 years old and has been home bound for several years now. The few times he has been out in public, he's looked, quite frankly, terrible. I doubt we'll even get a video clip shot from his living room, much less a physical appearance on the show.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »
Bob is almost 98 years old and has been home bound for several years now. The few times he has been out in public, he's looked, quite frankly, terrible. I doubt we'll even get a video clip shot from his living room, much less a physical appearance on the show.

The most I'd expect given the times, is a video clip shot, I can't imagine anything more than that.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2021, 03:47:51 PM »

I don't know WHY people are almost expecting anything new from Bob. I really don't get it.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2021, 03:52:22 PM »
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »
I don't know WHY people are almost expecting anything new from Bob. I really don't get it.
It is a strange thing to hold on to.