Author Topic: The Countdown is on...  (Read 69336 times)

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Countdown is On...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »
Volton said that he was at a taping where Drew said that he learned all 75 games.  My guess on the last pricing game to appear, either Poker Game or Joker.  I actually like these two games.

I never said that he has played all 75 games... just that he has learned all 75 games.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »
5 Price Tags has the same setup as Joker.  You can get all 4 SPs and still lose.   I actually happen to like Joker.  It's different than the rest and it's nice change every once in a while.  I would rather have Joker over That's Too Much ANY day.

jimlange

The key difference here, though, is that in Joker, you can know all the prices and still lose.  That "flaw" doesn't exist in Five Price Tags.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »
It is possible that they just did not inform Drew that they are retiring a game, but it is most likely that Drew just announced the wrong number.  I can't see them taking the time to teach Drew a game they are just going to retire.  OR could it be that a new pricing game is entering the rotation?  Huh, Huh?  That's probably not true, but I did wanna stir the pot a little bit, lol.  :lol:

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
If you don't know the price of the car, it does.  I guess I am not understanding.  I am just looking at it setup wise.  Joker is blind luck, but in a sense so is 5 Price Tags.  Unless your a cool minded person with one heck of a memory, your mind turns to mush up there on that stage.  9 times out of ten, you're not going to remember a $21,912 priced Ford Ranger.  Steve, you know better than I, where is the flaw in Joker, but not in 5 price Tags that I am not seeing?

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
5 Price Tags has the same setup as Joker.  You can get all 4 SPs and still lose.

BIG difference: 5 Price Tags is all about pure knowledge of the price of a car. If I see a price tag that says $23,888 or $19,071 I'd avoid it like the plague! If you lose with all four choices (Like that lady did last season), you don't know about car pricing. Plus the little trick about all car prices ending in a 5 or 0.

Joker is pure luck. I could win all four prizes and STILL not know where the Joker is to win the game!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:28:34 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Heidi

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 06:36:02 PM »
Joker is more like Secret X, you can price the small prizes correctly and still lose (I like Secret X too).  5 Price Tags is similar if you're clueless about car prices.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 07:00:25 PM »
It is possible that they just did not inform Drew that they are retiring a game, but it is most likely that Drew just announced the wrong number.  I can't see them taking the time to teach Drew a game they are just going to retire.  OR could it be that a new pricing game is entering the rotation?  Huh, Huh?  That's probably not true, but I did wanna stir the pot a little bit, lol.  :lol:

I repeat:  Something is getting retired.

Seriously, folks...we wouldn't tell you something like this if it weren't true.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:02:42 PM by SteveGavazzi »

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »
Let me clear this one up...the fact is, Drew HAS learned 75 games.  But, pursuant to his learning all 75 of them, the producers decided to kill one of those games.  Logical conclusion?  One of them was either a bit more than Drew either could handle (or wanted to handle).  Regardless, how many game's he's LEARNED and how many games are ACTIVE are two completely separate statistics.

I know the rules of, say, Super $aver and Superball!, backwards and forwards, but those games are inactive.  Drew might know the rules to Give or Keep, or Hit Me, but that doesn't really mean anything.
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 07:04:41 PM »
Logical conclusion?  One of them was either a bit more than Drew either could handle (or wanted to handle).

It may be logical, but I'm under the impression it isn't what happened.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »
I never said that they didn't retire a game Steve.  I just said that:
A. Drew did learn all 75 games and they just decided to retire one or
B. (and most likely)  Drew just announced the wrong number of games.  My logic for that was why would they teach him a game just to retire it anyways.  That seems like a waste of time.  Time they don't have.  Especially now.  My saying that they are going to introduce a new game making the count 75 was just a joke.  Apparently, a bad one that nobody got.  I know the count is 74 and I know they have retired a game.

jimlange

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 09:14:55 PM »
If you don't know the price of the car, it does.  I guess I am not understanding.  I am just looking at it setup wise.  Joker is blind luck, but in a sense so is 5 Price Tags.  Unless your a cool minded person with one heck of a memory, your mind turns to mush up there on that stage.  9 times out of ten, you're not going to remember a $21,912 priced Ford Ranger.  Steve, you know better than I, where is the flaw in Joker, but not in 5 price Tags that I am not seeing?
True, but you should at least know the difference between a $21,912 Ford Ranger and a $17,150 Ford Ranger.  If you can do that, you'll win the car (since two of the choices will always be around $4,000 apart).
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 10:15:58 PM »
Personally, I'm hoping that Clearance Sale finally clearances out. (I've stated my reasons before.)

The one I think will get it? Poker.....it really has nothing to do with prices......unless you know something's $900-$999 or something...

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 11:21:12 PM »
Well, I think there is SOMETHING going on with Poker Game.

In the "What will Drew's last game to learn be?" thread, John quoted four people who liked Poker Game and responded "You guys are a-o-k in my book." Maybe it meant that was the last game. Or maybe that's the retired one, and a-o-k was supposed to stand for "all off-kilter".  :lol:

Though personally, I'm hoping that Joker's the one getting the boot...

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 01:09:15 PM »
If I see a price tag that says $23,888 or $19,071 I'd avoid it like the plague! If you lose with all four choices (Like that lady did last season), you don't know about car pricing. Plus the little trick about all car prices ending in a 5 or 0.

Unless of course Roger's doing a stunt like he did this year on December 10th and January 11th where EVERY price ended in 5 or 0!   Yikes!
John

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:55 PM »
I must say I hope it's Step Up. This game is rarely won.

I can't believe they're renaming "Barker's Markers" Make Your Mark...that's horrible! More unnecessary changes :(
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~