Author Topic: Looking for an episode from 1980  (Read 674 times)

Offline rylock

• Outside in Line
Looking for an episode from 1980
« on: June 03, 2023, 09:30:43 PM »
Hello there - sorry for the bother, but my mom just found some paperwork from when she was a contestant on the Price is Right back in the 80s! Apparently she won a bunch of stuff, and it drove my dad nuts because they had to pay taxes on everything. :) It was May 20th, 1980 (Season 8, Episode 163), is there a way to watch or buy these?

Thanks so much!

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Looking for an episode from 1980
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 09:33:59 PM »
....is there a way to watch or buy these?

Send an email to archive@fremantle.com, tell them what you know about the episode (air or tape date, episode number, your mother's name, etc.). Let us know if you hear anything back from them!

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 09:35:47 PM »
You can contact Fremantle, specifically their office in Burbank. Once you call, explain why you're calling and ask to speak with the archivist. They should be able to help you. Their contact information can be found here.

Fair warning, they'll most likely charge a hefty fee for retrieval and digitization of the episode.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline rylock

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 10:45:48 AM »
Thanks so much for the information - will reach out and update this thread if I hear anything!